What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How often do you need to add water??  (Read 3263 times)

giarc

How often do you need to add water??
« on: February 02, 2009, 07:39:36 am »
I have a hot tub at rental property.   Few renters called after about 2-3 days saying the level is way down and water will not heat.  Currently there is no easy way for the renter to top off the water this will be fixed in the spring..

Anyway this weekend I used the tub.  Used for about 40 mins one day.  Then I used the next day for 40 mins then more people used for about 60 mins.  Check the tub before leaving and it was about 2 inches low.  Is this normal?

Outside temp was about 20 cover was on when not in use...

Looking for some advice..its a coleman Maxx theraputic 4 seater model 461.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

How often do you need to add water??
« on: February 02, 2009, 07:39:36 am »

michiganwinter

Re: How often do you need to add water??
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 08:49:49 am »
I don't think our situation is identical, but we are adding water every 1-2 weeks as the level drops about 2 inches a week. We use the spa daily, sometimes 2-3 times during the day. The top is off during soaks (obviously) and when chemicals are added. Our temperatures have been hovering mainly between 10 deg - 20 deg much of the winter. Most of the people who have responded to my similar questions have said this is pretty normal given the use and temperatures. I also understand that as a newer owner I'll have the top open more often dealing with the chemicals. That might be the same for you?

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 03:56:31 pm »
Sounds like a leak to me. Check the equipment area in case it is something simple.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 03:56:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42