What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: High mineral content H2O...what care concerns?  (Read 2284 times)

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
High mineral content H2O...what care concerns?
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:30:37 am »
Moving soon to Western PA and that is old mining area and therefore very mineral-rich.  The water is real "hard" and the filter in the humidifier usually has tons of mineral deposits on cleaning vs. the one here in NE Ohio.  

What things will be different tub and water care wise with the minerals?  One of the best things of living here in NEO is that the water out of the spigot is nearly perfect minus a bit of chlorine so I'm expecting more issues.  

Dave
Better than I deserve...

Hot Tub Forum

High mineral content H2O...what care concerns?
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:30:37 am »

kervis

• runnergirl
Re: High mineral content H2O...what care concerns?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 10:59:37 pm »
I'm just East of the Twin Cities, in the beautiful St. Croix River Valley area which is nestled in limestone bluffs.

We are on city water, and they mail us the water test every year.  I noticed we had no metals  therefore I no longer use Metal Gon with each fill.  

We do, however, have many minerals like you will, and I have been told that I MUST add Defender on a regular basis or things will clog up over time.  

I did notice that they switched the directions on the bottle from one ounce a week to 2 ounces every other week.  Weird.  Does that matter at all?  :-/  I like the idea of adding an ounce a week, that way, when I forget, it hasn't been as long before more is added!  ;D
2005 HS Vanguard

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 07:55:53 pm »
Moving soon to Western PA and that is old mining area and therefore very mineral-rich.  The water is real "hard" and the filter in the humidifier usually has tons of mineral deposits on cleaning vs. the one here in NE Ohio.  

What things will be different tub and water care wise with the minerals?  One of the best things of living here in NEO is that the water out of the spigot is nearly perfect minus a bit of chlorine so I'm expecting more issues.  

Dave

Leisure Time Metal Gon...one bottle when you fill the spa after draining.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 07:55:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42