What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Who is this Winston person?  (Read 2139 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Who is this Winston person?
« on: January 15, 2009, 06:33:25 pm »
My customers here in Southern Cal have mentioned a name for many many years - all I can remember is "Winston."

I spoke with him about ten+ years ago, he sells used tubs. I assumed he was gone long ago - but I ran into an unhappy customer a few days ago.

People have told me horror stories of dealing with this person. Everything from getting a different spa from what was promised, to taking up to and over a year to fill the order.

Anyone know who this person is? Have any more info? Anyone actually deal with them and come out ok?

I'm trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to  help this situation - anything from simply posting as much info as we can gather on the various boards (buyer beware) to putting up a web site with full disclosure.

I would be very interested to know if I am only hearing from the disgruntled customers - however I assure you that I have yet to hear his name in connection with any good deal.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Who is this Winston person?
« on: January 15, 2009, 06:33:25 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Who is this Winston person?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 07:17:39 pm »
We have about three of those guys here that change their name all the time. They all sell on craigslist and all of them have been associated with drugs or other crimes at one time of another. One is out on bail selling spas....

The bottom line is that we need to do as much as possible to educate customers about buying from "some guy". There will be more and more of these pop up with the economy like it is.

On one hand I feel for the customer while on the other I'm frustrated with them because they’ve slapped the entire small business community in the face by trying to beat the deal at an established brick and mortar store and then come running back for free advice when it doesn't work.

At times it's hard to have compassion on those folks....our prices are higher because we pay the dues to be a “reputable company” . The BBB is over $600 a year, training is thousands, dealerships for better products cost more, insurance, credit card processing, finance and support staff is very expensive but it shows an investment in the community that says we will be here when you need us.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Who is this Winston person?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 07:17:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42