What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any advantage to install on raised deck vs. patio?  (Read 3776 times)

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
Any advantage to install on raised deck vs. patio?
« on: January 12, 2009, 02:26:47 pm »
I am curious if there is any school of thought on advantages to building a raised platform/deck vs. pouring a pad or creating a pad from 6x6's and stone etc.   By raised I'm talking only like a foot to 18".

It is a colder climate in general.  Plenty of snow.  Not sure if theres an efficiency benefit to one or the other (wind flowing underneath etc.).  

Dave
Better than I deserve...

Hot Tub Forum

Any advantage to install on raised deck vs. patio?
« on: January 12, 2009, 02:26:47 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Any advantage to install on raised deck vs. pa
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 06:18:28 pm »
My tub is on a deck about 3 feet off the ground and I have thought about putting some kind of insulation under the decking because I believe that there is definite heat loss through the bottom of the tub. That area is probably the least insulated in the entire tub.
Decks freeze like bridges do, before other surfaces, so my thought is a tub on the ground would be more efficient. ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 08:00:58 pm »
My tub is on a deck about 3 feet off the ground and I have thought about putting some kind of insulation under the decking because I believe that there is definite heat loss through the bottom of the tub. That area is probably the least insulated in the entire tub.
Decks freeze like bridges do, before other surfaces, so my thought is a tub on the ground would be more efficient. ;)

Excellent point!  The tub is currently on a reinforced deck as well but am looking to relocate and take the tub if possible (or replace).  I think a pad might be the way to go too.  

Thanks...

Dave
Better than I deserve...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 08:00:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42