What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Keys Backyard LP Manual?  (Read 13929 times)

kmac135

Keys Backyard LP Manual?
« on: January 05, 2009, 05:37:00 pm »
My family has just moved into a new home with an above ground spa manufactured by Keys Backyard LP.  The model number is "KWR631DXG0.1."  Does anyone have or know of a way to obtain the user manual?  Can someone explain the F2, F4, F6, F8, Ec, SL and St functions?
Kevin

Hot Tub Forum

Keys Backyard LP Manual?
« on: January 05, 2009, 05:37:00 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Keys Backyard LP Manual?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 06:23:21 pm »
I believe Keys was bought out by Infinity Spas.  I'd try contacting them.

http://www.infinityspas.com

Keys wasn't one of the better brands out there so you might have some difficulty in finding literature for them.  However, Infinity might have something, so I'd try them.

I tried the site and they have a link to Keys, but it doesn't work.  Just try their offices.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 06:24:31 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

kmac135

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 06:57:22 pm »
Thanks Vanguard, I went to their website and left and email.

sandi

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 09:38:44 pm »
Infinity spas went out of business in October of 2008 so they won't be responding to any emails!  The F2, F4, F6 and F8 are filtering cycles.  My Infinity spa filters twice a day - the first filtering cycle starts about 5 minutes after the spa is powered up, the 2nd is 12 hours later.   F2 means that each filtering cycle will be 2 hours long, F4 = 4 hour filtering cycles, etc.  ST = standard mode, where the spa will maintain the set temp, EC = economy mode - the heater only comes on and heats the water during the filtering cycles, SL = sleep mode which heats the spa to within 20 degrees of the set temp but only during filtering cycles.  Hope this helps.

Here's a link to some info. about Infinity spas that might be helpful.  Good luck.

http://www.infinityspastechnicalsupport.com/infinityspatechnicalsupportuserdocs.htm

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 05:12:14 pm »
Wow.  I missed that one.  I wasn't aware they had gone under.  Did they go to total liquidation?
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

sandi

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 06:48:12 pm »
I don't really understand the differences between going out of business, filing for bankruptcy and going to total liquidation.  I'm a public school teacher, not a business person - if any of those terms ever become a reality for me, the country is in big trouble (not that it isn't already)!  Anyway, what I _do_ know is that a company called Living Waters bought Infinity but is not honoring Infinity's warranty.  When I called Costco to ask what they plan to do for folks who already own Infinity spas that are still under warranty, I was told that if/when I have a warranty issue, I should contact Costco customer service and they will either put me in touch with a company that will do the repair, or I can contract to have the repair done myself and then submit the bill to Costco.  It should be interesting to see how things play out in the future - so far, we are enjoying our spa and have not had any big problems with it.  Fingers crossed.

Kialda

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 09:24:43 pm »
I don't really understand the differences between going out of business, filing for bankruptcy and going to total liquidation.  I'm a public school teacher, not a business person - if any of those terms ever become a reality for me, the country is in big trouble (not that it isn't already)!  Anyway, what I _do_ know is that a company called Living Waters bought Infinity but is not honoring Infinity's warranty.  When I called Costco to ask what they plan to do for folks who already own Infinity spas that are still under warranty, I was told that if/when I have a warranty issue, I should contact Costco customer service and they will either put me in touch with a company that will do the repair, or I can contract to have the repair done myself and then submit the bill to Costco.  It should be interesting to see how things play out in the future - so far, we are enjoying our spa and have not had any big problems with it.  Fingers crossed.

Thank You for being honest. Without knowing it, or maybe you do, I believe you just expressed the number one problem in this country and why people act the way that they do, and the real reason we are in the financial trouble that we are in as a nation.

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 11:14:18 pm »

Filing for bankruptcy can result in two things.  One, a reorganization.  This gives the company an opportunity to re-negotiate their debts and contracts and other stuff.  This is what the airlines have done.  Usually, the company comes out stronger and still in business.  

The other option is total liquidation.  This is when a company is truly going out of business.  They cannot find a buyer, the banks won't renegotiate the company's debts, etc.  They don't have the money to keep the business going any longer.  If a retailer, say Linens N Things, goes this route, they sell all their inventory to a company for pennies on the dollar.  The liquidator company then sells out the inventory, fixtures and all.  That is what is happening with Linens N Things.  That is why Linens N Things is no longer honoring their gift cards or coupons or you can't use their charge card any longer.  Linens N Things is actually gone.  The liquidator owns everything now.  

Hope that simple answer helps.

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 11:15:37 pm »

Doesn't surprise me that Living Waters isn't honoring the Infinity warranty.  They aren't a very good company from all that I've heard.

sandi

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 06:09:40 am »
Based on your definitions and what I read back in October then, Infinity is "truly out of business."  I have also heard that Living Waters is the same company as Tatum, which also has/had a poor reputation with regard to the quality of their spas and customer service.  Again, I'm just hoping that my spa continues to work just fine as it has for the first year and a half.  If not, and if Costco doesn't make things right, then I'll be taking advantage of their great return policy!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 06:09:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42