What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can you top off with water?  (Read 2922 times)

michiganwinter

Can you top off with water?
« on: December 30, 2008, 10:28:43 am »
We have had our tub for 3 weeks now and the water level has dropped about 2 inches in total in that time. It is likely high usage (I hope) and I couldn't find anything in the manual or here on the search button about simply adding water to get the level back. Can it be done, and if so, what do I need to do in terms of chemicals?  We have Nature 2 and I've been doing the regular shocks but am having a very hard time getting the PH levels down (on well water, diverted from the softener). This is for a 08 Majesta.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Can you top off with water?
« on: December 30, 2008, 10:28:43 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Can you top off with water?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 10:40:25 am »
Just top it. ;)

What are your pH, TA and calcium readings?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

michiganwinter

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:19:33 am »
Thanks hottubdan; the dealer told me to go ahead and top it off and then add between 2-4 ounces of stain & scale depending on the amount of water that went in. I have done that. Before I added the water I tested the PH, and it seems to be above the 8.0 mark based on the color chart. The level of alkalinity also appears to be high, at 180. To be honest though, none of the colors actually match that on the test kit, so I can't be 100% sure. I guess it would be good to take some of the water to the dealer for analysis.

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 08:54:36 am »
Just don't add any metal sequesterers while the Nature2 is installed.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 11:05:04 am »
You shouldn't have to add a stain and scale product when you top off.  Two inches is fairly normal.  Winter in cold areas require increased topping off because of evaporation.  I use a five gallon bucket from my kitchen sink with warm water in winter.  I generally have to add two to five gallons a week depending upon usage.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 11:05:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42