What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotsprings Grandee  (Read 10288 times)

thomas07

Re: Hotsprings Grandee
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 04:49:17 pm »
Yes...of course...I would never have gotten in a cold tub

Yes of course?
It was not obvious in your post when you "drained and filled"
and you could have drained and filled after you soaked two
weeks ago..........Jezzzz sorry for trying to help!

btw...are you up North?

You are right Zep and I much appreciate your help! :D   Yes I reside in the NE where we are getting milder temps.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 04:49:17 pm »

thomas07

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 04:57:52 pm »

I've seen issues where replacing a filter that "looks ok" after cleaning but creating a flow/pressure issue was resolved with a new filter.

You can sometimes tell when a filter has seen its day by how it looks but you can't always conclude they are still good by their looks.

How often should I be cleaning my filters? A Hot tub that is only used occasionally and is only 1 year and 3 months needing brand new filters? That concerns me. Hopefully the cleaned filters will do the trick.....I would be concerned the tub could freeze unexpectedly as the weather turns colder. There is no way of knowing for sure.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 06:23:41 pm »
i dont use my tub every week....and dont have kids.

but i only clean my filters about twice a year

hell they are clean looking every time I check them

but I dump my water alot more often than most

if it wasn't such a hassle i'd dump my water 12 times a year!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 06:23:57 pm by Zep »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 06:26:25 pm »

How often should I be cleaning my filters? A Hot tub that is only used occasionally and is only 1 year and 3 months needing brand new filters? That concerns me. Hopefully the cleaned filters will do the trick.....I would be concerned the tub could freeze unexpectedly as the weather turns colder. There is no way of knowing for sure.

I’m not saying your filters need replacing and I didn’t know how old yours were. If the spa is only 15 months old then I'd expect the filters to be fine but you REALLY should rotate them after cleaning otherwise they aren't all "aged" equally. The one on the circ pump always gets dirtiest and if you never rotate then 15 months later that filter is much closer to needing replacement than the ones that never were on the circ pump.

As far as how often to clean the filters, I always tell people every month. Some are religious about it and don't have issues. Not everyone will adhere to a strict 4 week cleaning (nor do they necessarily need to depending on usage) so most probably clean them every 6 or 8 weeks and get by fine. Others hear the advice they are given and completely forget about them until they have problems with the spa and only after having issues do they become semi-good about routinely cleaning their filters.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

thomas07

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 10:30:39 pm »

I’m not saying your filters need replacing and I didn’t know how old yours were. If the spa is only 15 months old then I'd expect the filters to be fine but you REALLY should rotate them after cleaning otherwise they aren't all "aged" equally. The one on the circ pump always gets dirtiest and if you never rotate then 15 months later that filter is much closer to needing replacement than the ones that never were on the circ pump.

As far as how often to clean the filters, I always tell people every month. Some are religious about it and don't have issues. Not everyone will adhere to a strict 4 week cleaning (nor do they necessarily need to depending on usage) so most probably clean them every 6 or 8 weeks and get by fine. Others hear the advice they are given and completely forget about them until they have problems with the spa and only after having issues do they become semi-good about routinely cleaning their filters.

Everytime I clean the filters, I rotate them around probably due to the great advice I get on this forum...Well for now all I can say is it was an awesome evening to go in the Hot Tub...cold but not too cold....it is a beautiful crisp clear night....wonderful star formations in sight..... and it had been a while since I had been in.

thomas07

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 09:47:37 am »
My advice? Relax. You have an excellent unit with a good warranty.

First, you didn't mention if the power light was flashing or steady. If it is flashing, it simply means you need to take the time to clean the filter real good.

I would start there even if the power light was steady - turn off the power at the sub panel, pull the filters and rinse them well. One will be dirtier than the others - that is the filter which runs all the time.

Once the filters are clean, shiny, and reinstalled, turn on the power. You should be good in several hours.

8-)

Chas, I noticed when I went to clean the filters that the silicone beading around the base of the filter stems was peeling away. I am not sure if this is excess and if there should be concern?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 11:46:35 am »
Primarily for shipping - to keep the filters in place. Once the tub is in use you may peel that away and dispose of it.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 11:46:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42