What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First problem with Calspa Avalon 844L  (Read 2554 times)

smokeandsoak

First problem with Calspa Avalon 844L
« on: December 27, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »
Well I have owned my Calspa for over a year now and I am still loving it.  I noticed that the spa was losing water and the level would drop a few inches over the course of a week.  I also noticed some water seeping out from underneath.  I opened up the equipment compartment and there was a slow leak from a fitting on the back of the wet end of the main pump that connects to a clear tube going I believe to the ozone generator.  When the jets are on the drip turns into a light spray.  So I go to tighten the hose clamp on the clear tube thinking that might do it and the whole thing snaps off.  I call my dealer and explain the problem and he has me come in right away.  The part was a plastic threaded fitting with a barbed end for the hose.  He gave me a new one free of charge and it was a really easy fix.  I think that the hose clamp was tightened and tweaked too much upon installation and crushed the barbed end of the fitting.  I would blame poor quality control, but it took a year for the problem to result in a leak so I can see how they would miss it.  Other than that no problems at all so far.  Knock on wood.

Yes I am still very happy with my dealer and with my Calspa.

Hot Tub Forum

First problem with Calspa Avalon 844L
« on: December 27, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: First problem with Calspa Avalon 844L
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 10:17:48 am »
You have more than one of those fittings if you have a second pump or a circ pump. You might also look to see if the small tubes connect with another hose.

I've seen those fail but it's usually on older models and it typically is because of water chemistry.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: First problem with Calspa Avalon 844L
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 10:17:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42