What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Troubleshooting help?  (Read 17811 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Troubleshooting help?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 01:38:25 pm »
I am confused as to why a high limit would shut only the low spd of a pump down???  I have seen bad high limits on a gecko pack,but never one that stops a pump from working??

Please enlighten me.
High limit wouldn't shut down just low speed but it would cause the three flashing lights.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 01:38:25 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »
The problem is not a pressure switch, the lack of low speed indicates a high limit.  If it was a pressure switch the three dots would go away on high speed.  On these packs you cannot read power at the plug, you will always read phantom power whether power is being sent to the motor or not.  If you want to check the motor (highly doubt that is your problem)

Lack of low speed indicates a high limit (this makes no sense) is what caught my eye, not the 3 dot scenario.   While his spa is still running I am still thinking its the pump or circuit board, not the h,limit.  

That was my question how a h,limit keeps a pump from running on low spd??

Thoughts??

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 04:24:21 pm »
I am confused as to why a high limit would shut only the low spd of a pump down???  I have seen bad high limits on a gecko pack,but never one that stops a pump from working??

Please enlighten me.
I did not say the hi limit would shut the low speed down on the pump, it is just one of the many issues that gecko has had. Major board issues with them. I would guess that over a pump that has just been replaced.

Did you try to see if you have hi and low speed on the pump separate from the control system?
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 04:46:59 pm »
I did not say the hi limit would shut the low speed down on the pump, it is just one of the many issues that gecko has had. Major board issues with them. I would guess that over a pump that has just been replaced.

Did you try to see if you have hi and low speed on the pump separate from the control system?

You talkin to me??  I wasn't quoting you??  I am just curious!  

And no I didnt,   I replaced the pump and all was fine, FWIW I don't work on Gecko packs any more Jacuzzi doesn't use them.

Like I said its just strange a H,limt stops a pump like hottubin suggested, if it does thats great and the next time my tech runs across that problem will check it out?   As the Artesians we use to sell did use the Gecko pack.

hottubinn

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 11:54:37 pm »
I have been servicing LA Spas since before they began using Gecko packs.  I am 1000 percent certain that a hi limit will cause low speed not to work. (May only be on packs used in LA spas, not certain of that though) It is the systems way of saying something is wrong, now that they can no longer use HL, FLO, or FLC.  The three dots indicate one of three things;  hi limit, flow problem or pressure switch problem.  Lack of low speed lets you know while on the phone that a hi limit has occured, the other two are a bit harder to diagnose on the phone.  But yes, hi limit will keep low speed from coming on, every other pump will work as normal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 11:54:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42