What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 02 grandee no bubbles?  (Read 8052 times)

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
02 grandee no bubbles?
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:23:46 pm »
My hot tub blew a board the power in and heater relay board. So when I picked up the board I also picked up a new ozonator.  Both parts are hot spring parts from a local dealer. I get everything replaced and turn the power on but no bubbles.  I replaced the ozone injector, tried the vinegar trick but it would not suck it up. I used a can of air to blow through the tube and bubbles came pu in the tub. I took the filter off thinking a clogged filter could  be the cause. Still no bubbles, could my circulation pump be weak? The water is too cold to get in and check.
As soon as I can that is the only thing left that I can think of. There is 110v going to the circ and you can feel a little vibration but no noise.
Thank everyone in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

02 grandee no bubbles?
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:23:46 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: 02 grandee no bubbles?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 06:16:47 pm »
Is the check vavle in correctly? Is the venturi in correctly? Both of these are one way.

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 06:43:08 pm »
yes the orientatio of those parts are the same as before. The air went through with no problem.

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 07:52:07 pm »
Jumped into the tub and without bubbles coming up there is not much flow into the tub. There is hardly any ripple on the surface and removing the filter didn't make a difference. One thing I forgot to mention. I disconnected the ozone hose before the above water loop and stuck it directly into the vinegar and it didn't get sucked up from there. There is a slight sucking sound when you remove the connector from the injector. As a last resort I changed the injector out for the new one that came with the ozonator.

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 01:51:14 pm »
Jumped into the tub and without bubbles coming up there is not much flow into the tub. There is hardly any ripple on the surface and removing the filter didn't make a difference. One thing I forgot to mention. I disconnected the ozone hose before the above water loop and stuck it directly into the vinegar and it didn't get sucked up from there. There is a slight sucking sound when you remove the connector from the injector. As a last resort I changed the [glow]injector[/glow] out for the new one that came with the ozonator.

Injector or check valve? If it didn't suck the vinegar then I think your injector may have a calcium build up. If you remove the small ozone line from the TEE after the heater and shut off the power to the spa (so the circ pump shuts off) it should let water leak out. If it doesn't you might have to get an eye dropper or syringe and put some vinegar directly into the TEE and let it sit awhile to dissolve the build-up. once it starts to leak a bit then try putting the heater / ozone TEE back together and letting it pull the vinegar from the hose.  
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 05:17:05 pm »
After I found out it wouldn't suck up the vinegar I tried that. Then I put in the new injector that came with the ozonator. Still no change.
I am running out of things to try before throwing more money at the problem. I also disconnected the check valve and tried to suck up the vinegar before it gets as far as the check valve no difference.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 05:18:25 pm by jfish63 »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 08:23:44 pm »
drop you pH to around 7 and keep it there for several days.

If your circ pump is coated with calcium it can reduce the flow, and dropping the pH should clear it out.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 08:42:29 pm »
drop you pH to around 7 and keep it there for several days.

If your circ pump is coated with calcium it can reduce the flow, and dropping the pH should clear it out.

8-)

Couldn't he take circ pump apart and clean it?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 10:49:11 am »

Couldn't he take circ pump apart and clean it?
He could but dropping the ph is easier and also might clean the Mazzei injector.

Your injector will look like one of these

this is your ozone check valve

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 11:28:52 am »
Is there a recommended pH level for this procedure?  How low can you go?  For how long?  Any possible side effects?  
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 12:54:14 pm »
Leave the PH down to about 7 for around a week. This shouldn't affect anything else unless you leave it that way for a long time.

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 02:12:49 pm »
The check valve and injector had been eliminated in a previous post. I am going out right now to lower my ph.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 02:12:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42