What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A goof.  (Read 1929 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
A goof.
« on: December 09, 2008, 11:27:30 am »
We got a call from an upset customer the other day. Seems we sold them a new cover lift - their old one was a rusty mess- but when they came up to their beach house, it was not installed as promised.

Our techie has been going through some rough times with his health and his family, so we just figured he let this job slip through the cracks. When we asked him about it, he said he was sorry, but had not gotten to the job yet. He is an outside contractor, so he sets his own schedule, but is very reliable generally.

He put it at the top of the list and took care of it the very next day. Or so we thought - the customer came up for the weekend, and once again the old lift was there.

Our tech had gone to the wrong house. I went out yesterday and enjoyed some time on the beach as I drilled the old screws out, installed the new Watkins Upright to replace the Covermate III which was mostly rust, and then snapped some photos to email to the client to calm him down.

Now he's happy, totally glad that we took care of it and so forth - but the problem is: where is that other lift? My techie simply cannot recall which house he went to and installed it.

It had a HotSpring spa on the deck, it overlooked the beach, and it needed a new lift - but since he assumed he was at the right house, he didn't make any notes - mental or physical  - which will help him remember who got the free lift!!

So somebody got a real nice Christmas present! As I say, our techie is a real good part of the team, and is just having some temporary life issues, so I'm not all that upset. I just would sure like to know who got that lift...

Oh the fun of owning a business....

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

A goof.
« on: December 09, 2008, 11:27:30 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: A goof.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 01:11:55 pm »
I have a buddy who had a similar situation years ago.  His tech was supposed to replace an air blower.  He is in the boonies on northern CA.  No addresses.  Instructions like third house before the turn.  If you have made the urn you have gone too far.  Needless to say, he found the wrong house that had a spa that had a dead blower.  He replaced and left behind paperwork.

Owner comes home and is irate.  Did not authorize work to be done or for anyone to be on the property.   :) :)  He did not want a new blower.

Ultimately, my buddy had to remove the blower and install it in the right spa. ;)

I think it was written up in a trade journal.  This was 15 to 20 years ago.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 01:48:58 pm »
 He cant remember where he installed it?   Sounds strange??

Kialda

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 03:52:53 pm »
Um... I didnt have a chance to get there yet...

Um,, I put this on the top of his list, High priority!!!

Um,, I cant remember where I actually went this week or where I installed that lifter or even if i removed the old rusted one that was the problem..

Um,,, was I near the ocean??

let me ask you a simple question. Did you pay for the lifter system? Did you give this system to this installer. Do you think he installed it on another spa that someone flipped him a Little green thing with a photo of Franklin on it?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 05:18:21 pm »
I was replacing a hot tub many years ago and had my buddy set up to help. As I pulled up to the house, I notice his truck parked in the driveway, next door (both houses were customers). Just as I got in the backyard, he was about to start sawzaling it apart.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 05:18:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42