What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Costco tubs for $5500 would you get one???  (Read 19857 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Costco tubs for $5500 would you get one???
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2008, 12:21:38 pm »
That's Zep's granddaughter, you knuckleheads....
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2008, 12:21:38 pm »

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2008, 10:15:08 am »
if you're going to spend 10k go to a dealer.  imho spending that much money requires the service after the sale that a dealer provides.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2008, 10:34:52 am »
if you're going to spend 10k go to a dealer.  imho spending that much money requires the service after the sale that a dealer provides.

I would agree. I would set the threshold lower - say $3000, but I admit to certain bias in this regard.  ;)

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2008, 12:49:36 pm »
I agree also, and may be bias, but if you are going to spend that kind of money, don't you want to be able to walk into the store and speak with the people who know everything about the tub rather than do things over the phone.

My customers tell me dealer support is one of the most important aspects of their tub purchases.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 12:56:54 pm »
What do you guys think of this tub?  Anyone have or know of anyone that's had this tub?

They appear to originate from the same company that makes LaZBoy and Coleman Spas...based on what I saw in Vegas, I would keep looking.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2008, 02:33:46 pm »

They appear to originate from the same company that makes LaZBoy and Coleman Spas...based on what I saw in Vegas, I would keep looking.

Terminator

Yup, they're made by Living Waters spas who used to be called Tatum and before that used to be Hydro Spas. The name has changed a couple times but the product remains the same, subpar.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2008, 03:03:31 pm »
 We stopped at the living waters booth, and grilled the guy about the Costco pilates spa that they were the same,he pretty much denied it, then came clean. ::)  there were some differences between the two but not much.

I was really surprised by the Chinese made spas, you can sure buy them pretty cheap, they looked alright at the show but I wonder what you would really get when you open the container and the spa up??  Tell you one thing if your going to have a booth at a spa convention you need more than cute girls that cant speak engrish to answer questions.  We would never consider bringing them on, but had a lot of questions about the spa.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2008, 06:30:47 pm »
Do they enter the country on the West Coast or the East Coast? If they come in here on the west coast, I could go buy one for a study. You all chip in a hundred bucks each and Ill go get the thing and open 'er up with my camera in hand.

I have heard from folks who have looked inside the Chinese tubs and have been blown away at the poor quality. I don't know if there are more than one brand coming in, and if so, how the quality varies.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2008, 06:53:21 pm »
 She told us they would come into San Diego then go from there to where ever.   I don't see why I couldn't get them shipped direct to Seattle though If we wanted.

Realistically a person could open a store bring those in and be quite competitive and probably do some damage to local stores for awhile,but if the quality wasn't there and you didn't take care of the customer you wouldn't last long.

Kialda

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2008, 06:56:52 pm »
I also saw the import spas. There was nothing imported that impressed me. But this is the way things are going. Its not only chinese, There are majors in this country that are having things made in there factories in Mexico now also.
  I had to laugh at the Jazzi line. It was an import knock off of Jacuzzi. They even made there logo to look like Jacuzzi as well as the circle in the pillows.
  I have seen many of the major brands offering lines in the 5-6K range now so I still think anyone who wants a spa in the 5 K price point does not have to go to Costco. They can get a lower price spa with the benefits of a dealer.
  There are also some companies that are buying or making parts in other countries. I know Maxx is having there shell on there swim spa made in China. I believe Limelight from Watkins is Mexico made..
   I hope made in America does not become a thing of the past for this industry.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2008, 10:32:50 pm »
RockDoc...I am just a spa consumer, so I am no expert but if you're going to spend almost 10K why would you buy from someone that won't deliver right to the final spot in your backyard with gates and fences involved, set it up, help you with the electrical and foundation, do the intial start-up, teach you the chem routine, and be the direct local source for any questions, service calls and/or warranty work? I can understand someone considering Costco for a low-end money saver type spa, but at 10 grand you will be much better served by going to a full fledged spa dealer whose primary business is selling spas.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:38:01 am by Zep »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2008, 10:32:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42