What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: first snow  (Read 4989 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
first snow
« on: November 21, 2008, 07:44:26 am »
Woke to a surprise this morning..we have about 2 inches of snow on the top of the hot tub!! Everything is beautiful, so clean and so bright! And the hot tub looks particularly inviting. I have to say, although I am not as big a fan of the winter as I used to be, it is just beautiful!! And definately the best experienced from a hot tub!! ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

first snow
« on: November 21, 2008, 07:44:26 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: first snow
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 07:57:36 am »
We only got a dusting, but it was a cold air soak last night.  Good thing the tub was at 103.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 08:57:06 am »
We had some flurries last night, but that was the extent of it.  Guess everything stayed to our south and you got the accumulation.  Glad you enjoyed it!

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 09:53:57 am »
I wanted to play "hookey" this morning and stay home and sit in our hot tub...drink coffee....listen to music.  No snow, but the air was cold and crisp, and NO WIND.  It is a brisk 12 degrees here.  
But alas...I'm at work, dealing with falling stock market prices.
The numbers don't look pretty this morning.  :-[  Shoulda stayed home!!

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 11:06:38 am »
I can't remember exactly the last time we had snow here but it was 40* this morning when I left the house and the weatherman said that it was only going to get cooler as the day went on. Can't wait to hit the hot tub tonight!  :D :D
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

cashews

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 02:51:37 pm »
I'm heading into my first winter with our hot tub. I can't wait for the snowflakes to fall while I'm in it....I've heard it's a wonderful experience!  8-)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 04:57:28 pm »
I'm heading into my first winter with our hot tub. I can't wait for the snowflakes to fall while I'm in it....I've heard it's a wonderful experience!  8-)

My tub is 3 1/2 years olds and I'm still waiting for that experience! :(

michiganwinter

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 05:11:40 pm »
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my tub so I can enjoy it in the snow (and otherwise). Feels like forever and I only ordered it 2 weeks ago...

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 04:37:28 pm »
Snow is very pretty while on the ground while sitting in a hot tub. Not exactly the  best thing to sit in hot tub while it is snowing as it feels like little darts  :'( hitting your body. I know everyone talks about it as a great experience but let me assure you the novelty disappears quickly. Take it from me who has been in the tub while it is snowing numerous times over the years, the experience is overrated in my opinion. I would much rather sit in the hot tub after a beautiful snow storm and enjoy the outdoors covered with snow.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 04:49:57 pm »
Delivered a Vanguard this morning - in jeans and a T shirt. My helper wore short pants and a T shirt. It was a beautiful day!

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 07:15:52 pm »
I've been in my tub for several pretty chilly nights, but I'm definitely looking forward to sitting in it with a snow covered yard and trees. :)
Mike

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 04:57:18 pm »
Light snow with no wind is fine.  Anything more is a chore.  Soaking after a big snow is wonderful, especially with a crystal clear sky.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 06:31:59 pm »
I had to snip off about a dozen rose-hips this afternoon. The blooms are slowing a bit finally. I guess it really is "winter."

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 07:37:20 pm »
I had to snip off about a dozen rose-hips this afternoon. The blooms are slowing a bit finally. I guess it really is "winter."

8-)

You've got it rough with the SoCal winter weather Chas!! Pretty soon you might have to wear long pants and maybe even a light jacket at night!!!!! ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 09:34:37 pm »
Snow is very pretty while on the ground while sitting in a hot tub. Not exactly the  best thing to sit in hot tub while it is snowing as it feels like little darts  :'( hitting your body. I know everyone talks about it as a great experience but let me assure you the novelty disappears quickly. Take it from me who has been in the tub while it is snowing numerous times over the years, the experience is overrated in my opinion. I would much rather sit in the hot tub after a beautiful snow storm and enjoy the outdoors covered with snow.

Wait a minute--there are several types of "snow".  You do NOT want to be out in the snow that Thearm describes.  You want to be out on a quiet windless evening with giant SOFT flakes falling gently down upon your head.  The kind that you can lean back, stick your tongue out, and eat them out of the sky type of flakes.  The kind of flakes they have in fabulous romantic movies....soft, fluffy, many....just you wait.......
2005 HS Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 09:34:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42