What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FLO Error on Maxxus  (Read 17949 times)

txwillie

FLO Error on Maxxus
« on: September 27, 2008, 01:47:15 pm »
Was tubbing early this am. Everything on. Pump 1 shuts off, then  2 and 3, and the blower. Circ pump shut down sometime during all this. Panel shows FLO, meaning low flow. Powered it down, pulled and rinsed the filter. Powered it up, nothing. Have powered it down several times and pulled the filter. On power up, still shows FLO. Pump 2 starts and runs. I can hear the relay for pump  1, 3 and the blower, but they don't start and the circ pumps won't run. I have a call into the dealer. Any thoughts? Is there any way to clear/reset anything? Could it be the controller board?

txwillie

Hot Tub Forum

FLO Error on Maxxus
« on: September 27, 2008, 01:47:15 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: FLO Error on Maxxus
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 02:03:37 pm »
 Start it back up with the filter out, also turn your temp up to 104 see if the circ turns on.  with Jacuzzi and Sundance when you kill the power for what ever reason the circ pump will not run for 24 hours unless it calls for heat.

Also make sure your waterfall is on, by running it without the filter in it allows the circ pump to prime itself if its at all air locked.

Make sure no rubber duckies floating around are going to get sucked into the pump!!

txwillie

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 02:05:43 pm »
tried all that. witing or the dealer to call back. was with customers when I called

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 02:12:30 pm »
  If all that failed, my guess is your circ pump died, or a fuse on the circuit board blew, worse case you need a new circuit board.

There are only a few things that cause flo  clogged filter, bad flo switch which would give a flo2 error and or a bad circ pump or board.

If you have a volt meter and are handy you could check and see that your circ pump is getting 220 volts, if it is its a bad pump, if its not its most likely the board or fuse on the board.

Hope your under warranty in either case??   If so and you don't mind waiting let the pros handle it!!

On a side note if it is the circ you will most likely have to drain the spa so it can be changed.  :'(  Hope it's not fresh water, that tub holds quite a bit as you know.  
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 02:13:29 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

txwillie

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 04:52:14 pm »
stopped by the dealer to discuss the situation. He said It sounded like the controller fried, but thankfully I am 2 years into the 5 year warranty. I'll post the real diagnosis when I have one, plus how well the dealer handles things.

txwillie

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 07:59:25 pm »
i wonder if you just have an airflow lock, i think that is what it is called.  I once had air stuck in the line, which cause the air lock.

txwillie

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 09:50:52 am »
I kinda doubt it would be air, since I was in it and everything was running when it went down. Also the problem, whatever it is, keeps three independent pumps and the air blower from operating.

txwillie

stevewhosau

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 07:59:06 pm »
Curious to hear your results, Willie. Jim, thanks for the suggestions as well; I will remember those in case I run across this in the future.

txwillie

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 08:28:45 pm »
So the tech calls today, leaves a message saying that most of the time, FLO error is a clogged filter, duh. I call back, more fully describe the issue and he tells me that he had the same thing on another Maxxus a few weeks back. Tells me a 30A fuse is blown and to come by, get it, put it in and I'll be up and running. I did, it works, beautiful. While I was in the shop, I say to him, don't fuses blow for a reason? Well, yeah, he says, but Sundance says that, it there is probably no issue, which I sorta agree with since it did not blow again immediately. Any Sundance techie guys have any insight into this?

Upside? $17 fix. Downside? None really, just a mysterious blown fuse.

I just drained, polished and am refilling. How about a cool soak? Which brings me to another oddity, the cool spa. Dealer has one on the floor. Has a chiller built in. Noisy...... Kinda pointless IMO. I have a pool that is now sitting around 77F. I have the cool and the hot. What more could you ask for?

txwillie.... in hot water again tomorrow

txwillie

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 09:10:11 pm »
Filled and gorgeous. 80 F, yea Texas! Turned on two pumps to add heat, three and the heater shuts down (normal).

Probably gonna do a low 90's soak in an hour or so.

txwillie

gwstudios

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 09:20:53 pm »
Expensive warranty replaced parts on spas are a nice thing. I have a 5yr total / 25yr shell warranty. I had to replace a $600 pump (actually just the centrifugal impeller) but they (Dynasty) sent me an entire pump assembly no charge, all I had to do was mail the stickers from the original back via registered mail.

I did have to install it myself but I didn't mind. I was actually really easy to put in and I love to take things apart.

My spa has a really easy to access board and fuse panel, that will be the first thing I check if something goes out.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 09:22:14 pm by gwstudios »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 12:42:06 pm »
 My only comment 17 bucks for a 5 dollar fuse and you had to fix it yourself?  Least they could have done was give you the fuse.

txwillie

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 01:15:48 pm »
I agree, but I had little choice. I could probably gone elsewhere to find the fuse for less, but my time is worth much more than 8 or so bucks I might have saved. It's the whole "bird in the hand" thing....

txwillie

txwillie

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 01:20:23 pm »
Dang it. Did the same thing again last night. Have not used the spa too much recently as we have been on vacation. I bought fuses again will put it in in a bit. Gonna call the dealer tomorrow and get him out to check things out. Two fuses in 2 weeks ain't right. Plus I'm gonna discuss with him that he charged me $14 for one fuse and I just bought a 2-pack at home depot for $8.

Any Sundance techs have any thoughts on why the fuse keeps blowing?

txwillie

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 12:30:14 pm »
 Talked to my tech who worked on Sundance spas for 10 years,he said it could be a number of things that could blow that fuse.  Hopefully your dealer can help ya out!!  Try and get reimbursed for the fuses you bought with chems or something.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 12:30:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42