What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub seal  (Read 3819 times)

345frolic

Hot tub seal
« on: November 20, 2008, 07:53:36 am »
I have a sundance 880 marin hot tub and I was just wondering if the cover is suppose to seal tight all the way around or is there suppose to be a gap.The Temp.here in Pa. has been in the 20's & 30's and I have noticed that the one corner of the cover wants to lift about a 1/2 Inch.I dont see where I am losing alot of Temp. but I am just not sure to put a weight on the cover or let it be

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub seal
« on: November 20, 2008, 07:53:36 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Hot tub seal
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 12:21:33 pm »
The cover should definitely seal better, is it heavy? It almost sounds like its warped.  Reminds me of the time I came home on a sunny day and my then teenage daughter was lying on the cover because it was so warm.  I yelled at her to get off before she damaged it.  Her reaction, " I knew you would say that!"  ::)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:45:09 pm »
The cat choker.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 12:36:55 pm »
The cat choker.

8-)

Nothing wrong with your memory.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Kialda

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 04:59:26 pm »
The seal on that spa is the top flat surface of the shell. The cover should sit flat on that top. How old is your cover? Do you have speakers in that spa? If you do the cover should have recessed pockets in the corners of the cover or it would raise 1/2 inch or so in the corners. If there are no speakers I agree with the other poster, it sounds like your cover is warped or has a cracked piece of foam.

My wife lays in the sun on my cover also...At least the kids listen..lol

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 03:02:19 pm »
Sometimes if they warp, depending on how the taper was doen, the core can be flipped over, this is a bit of a pain and you do not want to rip or put a hole in the plastic encasing the foam....
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 03:02:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42