What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Name that smell.  (Read 2919 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Name that smell.
« on: November 24, 2008, 04:27:54 pm »
Today when I got out of my spa, I reached down to put my sandals back on and I noticed a strange smell coming from the equipment area. To confirm that it was indeed coming from there, I put my nose right up against the small slits in the front panel. So obviously I went inside to get my drill to take it off and see if I could notice anything melting or burning. Nothing(atleast to an untrained spa diagnostician). It smells to me like a burning piece of plastic. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chad

Hot Tub Forum

Name that smell.
« on: November 24, 2008, 04:27:54 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Name that smell.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 01:00:46 pm »
  You might open the control box and see if you see anything in there circuit board wise, if you haven't already?   If it was serious it should have tripped the breaker, if all seems fine you should be alright.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 10:23:06 am »
 You might open the control box and see if you see anything in there circuit board wise, if you haven't already?

Silly me didn't think to check in there.  :-[

If it was serious it should have tripped the breaker, if all seems fine you should be alright.

That's kinda what I was thinking too, but it never hurts to be extra cautious especially with the heart of winter approaching.

Thanks as always Jim. Hope you have nice Thanksgiving!

Kialda

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 11:11:53 am »
worst smell ever was a snake that had got into the circuit board box and fried. Does it smell a little like a BBQ or a mouse? I would guess a Mole smell...LOL

But really, its most likely a wire on the circut board..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 11:11:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42