What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need advice on selection  (Read 2933 times)

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
Need advice on selection
« on: November 18, 2008, 02:00:18 pm »
I have gotten my buddy to think about buying a tub.  I own a Caldera.  We have his selection down to the Caldera Niagra or the Hot Springs.  Today however we went and visited a D1 dealer.  They happen to be going out of business and need to move some tubs.  They have an Amora Bay and a Chairmann II   I was hoping to hear where people on this board felt these two tubs lined up with the two we are looking at.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Need advice on selection
« on: November 18, 2008, 02:00:18 pm »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: Need advice on selection
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 02:27:29 pm »
from what I understand D1 is a great brand, but personally I would be
leery buying anything with a warranty or servicing needs in the future from
"a dealer going out of business".

sure you can always contact the manufacturer directly but there is nothing like building a personal relationship with the dealer you purchase from. there is an
automatic loyalty relationship, instead of being "passed along" to someone or
some other D1 dealer you did not purchase from.

in this case you may save a few pennies but that dealer is going to be long
gone and of no help if a problem arises.

i'd stick with the Caldera or Hot Spring dealer that is and will continue to be in business.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 02:31:30 pm by Zep »

spa_newb

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 03:11:27 pm »
I agree with Zep. The Dealer is one of the most improtant factors, from what I gather. What happens when a year later the tub he bought off the 'going out of business' dealer has issues? Who does he turn to? It will likely cost him down the line.

That said the Amore Bay looks like an amazing tub. I am also considering the Niagara from Caldera, but the Amore Bay is another size and price level above .
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 03:12:39 pm by spa_newb »

crowemojo

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 04:35:56 pm »
What did they quote you for the Amore?

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 05:54:45 pm »
they quoted me 10 grand for the Amore.  It includes the audio system.  I think it's a steal.

crowemojo

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 01:09:02 am »
From everything I can tell, that's a hell of a price.  If I had that quoted to me near where I live, I would have pulled the trigger.  I was quoted 12,900 for a floor model amore with the sound system.

Where are you located?

Zep

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 03:54:56 pm »
I like the design of the Dimension 1 - Amore Tub

wow....lots of foot room!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 03:55:40 pm by Zep »

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 04:04:56 pm »
Jusat pulled the trigger at 9,800......Brand new.  D1 said don't worry about the dealer, they will support with another dealer.

Zep

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 04:20:14 pm »
congrats pete.....sounds like you got a great price!

after looking at their website it appears D1 is a pretty innovative company

NEW M•Drive and NEW UltraPure PLUS

D1’s cutting-edge M•Drive, available exclusively on the firm’s high-end Bay Collection® series hot tubs since April 2006, is a highly intuitive, menu-driven spa controller, which provides effortless control over virtually every aspect of a spa’s operations and functions. This same technology will now be offered as a new standard feature on hot tubs in the company’s Reflections® line! M•Drive features large buttons; a wide, brightly lit, easy-to-read screen; and an intuitive menu structure that makes the M•Drive the most ergonomically friendly spa controller in the world.

And now, for the first time in the hot tub industry, there’s a water management system that integrates the benefits of ultraviolet germicidal light technology with the benefits of an ozone-based water sanitation system. D1’s new patent-pending UltraPure PLUS™ water management system offers a double-dose of microorganism destruction, once with ozone (a patented Dimension One Spas process) and once with the new UV light germicidal, a more natural, non-chemical approach to disinfection. Minimize chemical use and cost. Limit the amount of time you spend on water maintenance. Get ultra clean, crystal-clear water. Receive peace of mind. UltraPure PLUS is a new standard feature on hot tubs and spas in the company’s Bay Collection spas line. Click here to read our new white paper on the UltraPure and UltraPure PLUS systems.

Liquid FX™ Architectural Uplighting

Liquid FX™ Tile-Line Illumination

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 04:20:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42