What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm a first timer, ... some thoughts and questions  (Read 10770 times)

crowemojo

Re: I'm a first timer, ... some thoughts and quest
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 02:59:56 pm »
There was a part of my original post that no one has spoken to.  I don't really blame anyone, given the length of the post!  Anyways, specifically:

- Does my plan to just use a plastic pad make sense given that I'm only going to be here a few years?  Also, I have a nice level back yard, can I just plop the plastic pad on the grass and put the tub on that?  I'm a pretty hands off guy when it comes to any sort of handy work, so anything beyond that will most likely involve hiring someone to do it for me.  Any thoughts or recommendations?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 02:59:56 pm »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 03:39:23 pm »
We have had great success with easy pad on stable level surfaces. Obviosly you can not use it in dirt that is going to turn to mud.
-SpaMan~

aquagirl

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 03:57:20 pm »
I highly recommend testing out any of Dimension One's spas.  The Amore Bay is especially amazing.  And even though you said you're not that impressed by extra features,  the wireless iPod stereo system and mood lighting fountains are nice to have when you're setting the tone for that perfect romantic evening under the stars.  Also, the hydronomic jets are so soothing- especially the acupressure massage.  Dimension One does exceptional work.  Plus, not sure if you are aware of this or not, but the spa is so energy efficient that heating costs are only about $35/month which is definitely a plus.  Have fun with the wet testing!  :)

spaman--

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 04:08:26 pm »
I highly recommend testing out any of Dimension One's spas.  The Amore Bay is especially amazing.  And even though you said you're not that impressed by extra features,  the wireless iPod stereo system and mood lighting fountains are nice to have when you're setting the tone for that perfect romantic evening under the stars.  Also, the hydronomic jets are so soothing- especially the acupressure massage.  Dimension One does exceptional work.  Plus, not sure if you are aware of this or not, but the spa is so energy efficient that heating costs are only about $35/month which is definitely a plus.  Have fun with the wet testing!  :)

WOW thanks fo rthe info mercial, though he has already had a full presentation on the D1 spas in the show room.In my experience if you are interrested in the D1 only buy the Ultra life shell.
-SpaMan~

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 04:18:19 pm »

That is awefully bossy of you!

Must be the spa mafia.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

crowemojo

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 06:24:37 pm »
Aquagirl -- The amore bay is in my list of spas to wet test this friday.

I hope these places account for the fact that I'm planning on wet testing with 6 people.  I told each and every one of them this, but the water levels looked awfully high in some of the tubs while I was in the show room.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 02:08:04 am »
Six is a lot of folks. I had to lower the water in my Caspian the other day to accommodate three....

I use a vac hose for a swimming pool and it only take a few minutes to drop it.

8-)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 02:08:20 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 01:22:58 pm »
You can take the D1 list off as they are all well over 9k, with the Nautilus being the least expensive @ a minimum of $9600, the Optima and Grandee also are much higher than 9k. This leaves you with the Clearwater and the Master. You may want to up the anti a bit as you are looking @ spas that are all out of your price range at this point. I am not saying that you can't buy a great tub for between 6 and 9k, you absolutely can. They just will not be any of the ones on your list. The Clearwater and Master are in a diffferent category of spas than all of the others you have listed.

The Clearwater is also over the price range he is looking at. How are Clearwaters in a different catagory? they passed the CEC, they have they same warranty, the have been around for 30 years. Geez....
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 01:26:57 pm »
The other tub you should look at is the Clearwater Spyglass. It is our biggest seller for the ski areas, and priced better than the Orlando.

Happy testing.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

crowemojo

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 12:28:31 pm »
The D1 dealer also has some clearwater tubs, but he can't have them filled for my first wet test, maybe on a return visit.

So, an update.  All of the dealers have been relatively decent to deal with, but after setting up my wet test at the MasterSpa dealer, I got not one, but 2 calls to verify that I was very seriously considering buying the tub.  The first call was just to double check since the tub I asked them to fill was more expensive then what I had originally told them my budget was, but then the second call was from a manager complaining that it cost him 300$ to fill that tub and he wanted to know if I was going to buy it or not.  I told him that I was considering buying it, but that I was also wet testing 5 other tubs that day, and I wouldn't commit to anything until I sat in them all.  

I can already say though that I feel like I'm going in to that situation with an already negative impression on the master spa, but who knows, if I sit in it and love it (and love it more than the others I test), than I will buy it.

Oh!  One other thing.  The sundance spa guy, who also carries jacuzzi's, said it was really difficult to fill one of the jacuzzis that I was considering, and basically said "sit in this sundance over here, it's basically the same thing"  Any thoughts on that?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 12:30:49 pm by crowemojo »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 01:07:50 pm »
The D1 dealer also has some clearwater tubs, but he can't have them filled for my first wet test, maybe on a return visit.

So, an update.  All of the dealers have been relatively decent to deal with, but after setting up my wet test at the MasterSpa dealer, I got not one, but 2 calls to verify that I was very seriously considering buying the tub.  The first call was just to double check since the tub I asked them to fill was more expensive then what I had originally told them my budget was, but then the second call was from a manager complaining that it cost him 300$ to fill that tub and he wanted to know if I was going to buy it or not.  I told him that I was considering buying it, but that I was also wet testing 5 other tubs that day, and I wouldn't commit to anything until I sat in them all.  

I can already say though that I feel like I'm going in to that situation with an already negative impression on the master spa, but who knows, if I sit in it and love it (and love it more than the others I test), than I will buy it.

Oh!  One other thing.  The sundance spa guy, who also carries jacuzzi's, said it was really difficult to fill one of the jacuzzis that I was considering, and basically said "sit in this sundance over here, it's basically the same thing"  Any thoughts on that?

Dont buy into the are you going to buy it or what tactics, sounds like your smarter than that and know to buy only if you like it!

Between the Sundance and Jacuzzi construction wise they are almost the same, Jacuzzi offers the ABS base Sundance doesn't not a deal breaker but its nice to have. And add the looks are quite different between the two.

The Sundance/Jacuzzi are different in hydrotherapy!  The jets between the two spas are totally different and have there own individual feel, except for the 200 Jacuzzi series and the 600/700 series Sundance are the same jets for the most part, so wet test both if you can,! And if they want a possible sale tell them you want to try both on different days if they cant run both at the same time.

In my opinion the 300 series has more bang for the buck over the 700 and 800 series of the Sundance, you will have to judge for yourself.  Either way both are nice spa's!!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:09:52 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

crowemojo

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 03:06:48 pm »
Yeah, I don't get the impression the sundance/jacuzzi guy is jacking me around or anything, and actually, of the 4 different dealers, he's the one I'm most comfortable with.  Their showroom is a bit odd, since the place also sells everything else under the sun, and he was saying that to move and fill it is a huge hassle.  I think if I really demanded it he would do it, but I'll no better if it's worth the trouble or not after my first wet tests.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 04:58:01 pm »
, and he was saying that to move and fill it is a huge hassle.  I think if I really demanded it he would do it, but I'll no better if it's worth the trouble or not after my first wet tests.

From a logistics stand point I understand that.  But in these economic times, you have the power. Most dealerships seem to rotate what tubs are filled or in their wet test area(Dealers here are cringing) tell him, that is the one your are interested in, call me when you have that one available, I'm off to wet test a Brand X. I don't think very many people go for joy-ride wet tests, and that most people who do wet tests are serious buyers.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

crowemojo

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 05:28:58 pm »
Yeah, seems like a lot of trouble just to get in 15-20 minutes of hot tub time and a sales pitch if you were just doing it for fun.

The tub that I was curious about wet testing was probably 3rd or 4th in my list, so i didn't mind that he couldn't fill it at the time, since there were other tubs there I was more interested in (that would be filled).

spaman--

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 07:00:42 pm »
Yeah, seems like a lot of trouble just to get in 15-20 minutes of hot tub time and a sales pitch if you were just doing it for fun.

The tub that I was curious about wet testing was probably 3rd or 4th in my list, so i didn't mind that he couldn't fill it at the time, since there were other tubs there I was more interested in (that would be filled).

When a customer asks to wet test a different model on the floor I say, give me 30 minutes while I pump the water from an already hot and ready model to that one for you. I then get my pump and move the water from one to another and wire it up! Ready in 30 minutes and I show the customer I am ready to work.It is no big deal to move water around.
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 07:00:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42