What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Electricity in a spa  (Read 3491 times)

wilfried

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Electricity in a spa
« on: November 12, 2008, 02:36:13 pm »
Hello

I have a D1 spa. When i was in my spa this evening i asked me if my D1 spa is 100 % safe. Wather and electricity ....
Who can give me a garantee me my life is not in danger in my spa ?Electrocution...

Sorry, i had a bad feeling .

Is this situation ( wather and electricity) always 100 % safe ?Or should i ask a regulary check-up to my dealer to control the electricity system ?

Had somebody problems with electrocution ?

Hot Tub Forum

Electricity in a spa
« on: November 12, 2008, 02:36:13 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Electricity in a spa
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 02:46:36 pm »
Hello

I have a D1 spa. When i was in my spa this evening i asked me if my D1 spa is 100 % safe. Wather and electricity ....
Who can give me a garantee me my life is not in danger in my spa ?Electrocution...

Sorry, i had a bad feeling .

Is this situation ( wather and electricity) always 100 % safe ?Or should i ask a regulary check-up to my dealer to control the electricity system ?

This is D. Juan Spahz, president of Dimmensional 1 Spas, and he says it's OK.

Had somebody problems with electrocution ?

Only once.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 02:52:14 pm »
Funny.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 07:32:28 pm »
If you are for real, let me say that it's too late for a guarantee and just enjoy the spa.

If you really want to know keep reading ...

Electricity and water can be used together as long as they are seperated. If something fails (heater corrodes or pump seals go bad) and electricity comes in contact with water - yes you can get electrocuted.

Theroretically the spa should be on a GFI breaker/disconnect that if a condition occurs that the water and electricity comes in contact with each other and the return current is not going through neutral then the GFI shuts off power. [size=18]BUT[/size] it is possible for the GFI to be wired wrong or fail and not disconnect the electricity. Every so often a person will come on and say they feel tingling when they touch the water - that's electricity in the wrong place!

Test your GFI regularly and make sure that when you push the button the spa turns off. Even then you can't be 100% certain that you are 100% safe if a problem happened ... then again nothing in life is 100% except for dying and even then some go sooner than others.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 07:32:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42