What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Okay to place hot tub under a deck?  (Read 2438 times)

michiganwinter

Okay to place hot tub under a deck?
« on: November 10, 2008, 09:09:21 am »
We have a very limited space for the hot tub I am hoping to purchase. The only rational space right now is under the deck on the walk out basement (facing the lake, so nice view!). The concrete pad is only 7'5" wide total, and the deck is 11 feet high so plenty of clearance, but the tub would take up the entire space under the deck and would be about 6" from the side of the house (or a tidge further). The only other way we could do this is to build a gazebo type house structure for it closer to the lake, but then we'd have to freeze going out to the tub in the winter.

Is having a tub this close to the house a problem? It would be under a window, and my concerns are steam on the siding of the house and window, as well as the upper deck. Anyone have this kind of set up? Is it a problem waiting to happen? I'd rather know this now before buying the tub, than later after damaging my home.

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Okay to place hot tub under a deck?
« on: November 10, 2008, 09:09:21 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Okay to place hot tub under a deck?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 12:10:29 pm »
I cn only add that I have seen several photos of just such a setup.  As for steam, it usually disipates pretty fast outside
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Okay to place hot tub under a deck?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 12:10:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42