What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover lifter review  (Read 4420 times)

starsky

Cover lifter review
« on: July 17, 2008, 02:16:04 am »
I never really asked what cover lifter I am getting with my hot tub. The paper work has  "CM I" . I assume this is cover mate I . I have a Cover Valet lifter still in the box that I bought last year for a hot tub my ex got in the divorce.. so... Any opinions on if the cover valet is a good product? I saw a video on installing one and it seemed the cover tilted a bit towards the spa opening when open. Anyone have any insight on lifters?  
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 02:23:13 am by starsky »

Hot Tub Forum

Cover lifter review
« on: July 17, 2008, 02:16:04 am »

Darth Vader

Re: Cover lifter review
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 09:16:20 am »
that cover lifter name is cover mate one of the largest makers of cover lifters,it came with my sundance chelsee set up ,regards marc

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 10:21:38 pm »
Cover Valet has gas shock assistance.  Covermate 1 doesn't.  You already own both of them so it's just a matter of what you prefer.

starsky

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 10:27:29 pm »
I should be more specific. I will own both of them. I have the cover valet, and the spa I will get will be delivered with the cover mate 1. I have never used either, and since I have the option, with no experience with either, I wondered if folks had strong feelings either way which was the preferred lifter. If its 6 of 1, half dozen of the other, thats cool too.  

crystal777

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 07:37:29 am »
I too am wondering which cover lifter is the best. They all work differently.  I am looking for something that is easy for one person to do. Also I do not want it to double as a privacy wall. I would prefer the cover to go down the side of the spa. Which one should I buy???

Thanks,
Crystal

Doobiewah

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 07:59:05 pm »
My wife loves the cover with the gas shock assist...makes it much easier for the both of us, in fact.  Wouldn't get another spa without one.

Tailhooker

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 10:45:49 pm »
Anyone else want to put their 2 cents in on this topic...I am thinking of upgrading to a gas model, I have just about +24in in clearance.

kokanee001

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 11:31:51 pm »
My Vanguard has the Cover Cradle (w/twin gas shocks) and it is a breeze to open; no lifting :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 10:12:23 am »
I too am wondering which cover lifter is the best. They all work differently.  I am looking for something that is easy for one person to do. Also I do not want it to double as a privacy wall. I would prefer the cover to go down the side of the spa. Which one should I buy???

Thanks,
Crystal

One thing about being easy to use for one person, a key is to go out occasionally and check the tightness of the screws. They need to be tight on most liters to maintain rigidity which is key to easily opening a cover with one person on one side. If screws become loose flexability is introduced and it really makes the effort go up.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:13:41 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 10:49:36 am »
I own a Cover Mate 1.  I am on my second.  The first died at five and a half years because I have the Sundance brackets which are steel and they rust up over time.  The standard brackets are plastic and do not have the same issue.

I obviously like the CM1.  It is very simple, easy to use and works well.  One thing to keep in mind is most gas shock assisted lifters store the cover very high.  The CM1 stores about half way down.  On the other hand, gas assist lifters generally need less space behind the spa to store the cover.

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 10:04:18 pm »
I have the CoverMate III, which has the gas assist.  My wife had a little trouble with the cover lifters that didn't have the piston. We enjoy the 3, but it does sit up much higher when open.  For us, that's a plus, as that side of the tub is closest to our neighbors, but you may want to pay attention to that -- if you like it or not -- and the issue of clearance.  They're all slightly different on how much clearance they need.
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 10:04:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42