What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The state of Hot tub shopping in Columbus, Ohio  (Read 5229 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
The state of Hot tub shopping in Columbus, Ohio
« on: November 05, 2008, 12:53:53 pm »
Actually it was just a visit to two stores, three if you count the Royal Spa dealer 2-3 weeks ago.   It was chemical shopping day for me, last time I went to the Jacuzzi/Sundance Dealer, so this time I went to the HS/Cal Dealer. I do that so I can look at various models and try to keep up to date.  I never stop at the local Arctic dealer for Chemicals!  Why? Tom can tell you why! ;)  (Thats a joke btw)

Anyway, this mega giant store was totally out of Dichlor and only had MPS in 5 pound bottles.  A pool saleslady tried to sell me pool chemicals that were the same. Not to make it a total wasted trip I walked back into the spa floor and checked out two limelight spas.  Attractively priced, I would definitely put the pulse on my wet test list. (Currently Majesta, J-365, Vanguard and now this Pulse)  FYI, I'm not in the market unless my current spa requires major dollars to repair.  After that I left to go to the Sundance Jacuzzi dealer again.

My shock walking in was to see the main eyecatching spa was a $15K Dynasty spa with 19" LCD TV and stereo.  I kind of had some inside info  ;) that they were considering adding the Dynasty line. Apparently they did and our authorized Dynasty Service reps.  :)  I've only heard good things about their Service Dept.  I would never buy this spa, but there was some interesting things about it  I'll see if I can upload the equipment compartment pic I took with my phone.

I got my chemicals and took a look at several other Dynasty models. They didn't drop any product lines to pick this one up. Their sales floor is huge and one of my favorites to just walk around.  I saw a few neat things, but one disapointment. I think the current model America II is the closest to my current model.  In mine the wrist jets are a huge waste and it looks like they copied the same location, right wrist 10" higher than the left wrist. Its impossible to use both comfortably
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

The state of Hot tub shopping in Columbus, Ohio
« on: November 05, 2008, 12:53:53 pm »

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
Re: The state of Hot tub shopping in Columbus, Ohi
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 01:24:24 pm »
I'm about to go visiting myself. Finally got the insurance company BS squared away and have a check in hand. I really enjoyed my J345, but am torn now between a new hot tub or a sauna. If anyone has any practical experience with an indoor home sauna, I'd like to hear it.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 01:54:35 pm »
I'm about to go visiting myself. Finally got the insurance company BS squared away and have a check in hand. I really enjoyed my J345, but am torn now between a new hot tub or a sauna. If anyone has any practical experience with an indoor home sauna, I'd like to hear it.

I was thinking about you when I was in the store and was going to mention it in my message. Check out that $15k Dynasty when you go in.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 05:02:21 pm »
We sell and have sauna's. I love the sauna, but it is different than the hot tub by far. What kind of therapy are you looking for? Are you looking at the infared or traditional steam saunas?
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

rcnitro

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 07:24:44 pm »
Actually it was just a visit to two stores, three if you count the Royal Spa dealer 2-3 weeks ago.   It was chemical shopping day for me, last time I went to the Jacuzzi/Sundance Dealer, so this time I went to the HS/Cal Dealer. I do that so I can look at various models and try to keep up to date.  I never stop at the local Arctic dealer for Chemicals!  Why? Tom can tell you why! ;)  (Thats a joke btw)

Anyway, this mega giant store was totally out of Dichlor and only had MPS in 5 pound bottles.  A pool saleslady tried to sell me pool chemicals that were the same. Not to make it a total wasted trip I walked back into the spa floor and checked out two limelight spas.  Attractively priced, I would definitely put the pulse on my wet test list. (Currently Majesta, J-365, Vanguard and now this Pulse)  FYI, I'm not in the market unless my current spa requires major dollars to repair.  After that I left to go to the Sundance Jacuzzi dealer again.

My shock walking in was to see the main eyecatching spa was a $15K Dynasty spa with 19" LCD TV and stereo.  I kind of had some inside info  ;) that they were considering adding the Dynasty line. Apparently they did and our authorized Dynasty Service reps.  :)  I've only heard good things about their Service Dept.  I would never buy this spa, but there was some interesting things about it  I'll see if I can upload the equipment compartment pic I took with my phone.

I got my chemicals and took a look at several other Dynasty models. They didn't drop any product lines to pick this one up. Their sales floor is huge and one of my favorites to just walk around.  I saw a few neat things, but one disapointment. I think the current model America II is the closest to my current model.  In mine the wrist jets are a huge waste and it looks like they copied the same location, right wrist 10" higher than the left wrist. Its impossible to use both comfortably

I am going to assume you are talking about All Seasons spas and Scioto Valley? We are just starting to shop around for a hot tub but the only place we have been to is Scioto Valley. Not too bad of a place but I have heard they are overpriced. A buddy at work got a Jacuzzi from All Seasons and he said he was pretty happy with them so far. We are not sure how much we are going to ba able to afford at this time. We have talked about getting a lower budget spa to start out with. I was wondering if you could give me some insight on the dealers in Columbus and surrounding areas. We are in Circleville. I saw this post and it sounds like you seem to know your tubs and dealers. Any input or advice would be great!

Thanks!
Sean
2009 Jacuzzi J-365

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 07:55:12 am »

I am going to assume you are talking about All Seasons spas and Scioto Valley?
Thanks!
Sean

Welcome pumpkinhead! (Circleville joke) You are correct about the two stores. Both stores have good local reputations and a wide variety.  When looking around let them know your price concerns and see what happens.  These two dealers have a lot to offer so allow your self several hours to look at both.  If you wet test, Scioto Valley is good and in my opinion, All Seasons has perhaps the best wet testing facilities in the business.
Columbus also has a Royal dealer, which would be another 20 miles further for you. The other long time dealer that has sold a lot of spas in Columbus dropped the Master spa line and I think it carrying QCA spas.  (don't know anything about them)  There is another place I have yet to visit near Pickerington.   I'm fairly certain if I was buying again I would buy from one of the two dealers mentioned above.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 07:57:29 am by wmccall »

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 04:18:03 pm »
FWIW, I've purchased 2 Sundance tubs from All Seasons over the past 10 years. I've found their sales and support to be terrific. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 08:01:30 pm »
We sell and have sauna's. I love the sauna, but it is different than the hot tub by far. What kind of therapy are you looking for? Are you looking at the infared or traditional steam saunas?

I am looking at a traditional high heat sauna. The Far Infrared concept bothers me, it is too much like being microwaved.

On therapy:
I have managed to break my left leg in four places in a motorcycle accident, then 17 years later, I broke my pelvis in three places, three ribs, collarbone all at once when a lady tried to "beat me" through an intersection when I was running lights and siren (we tied). When it gets cold and damp, the only things that take the ache away are a hot tub or high heat sauna. Even though it is only temporary, it is comfort.

To be fair, I've never tried an infrared sauna. Just can't wrap my arms around the concept.

I bought my last tub from All Seasons in Hilliard. I was pleased with the prices and service. They will be my first stop if I go the hot tub route.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 08:03:05 pm »

I was thinking about you when I was in the store and was going to mention it in my message. Check out that $15k Dynasty when you go in. [/quote}

If I was gonna buy a hot tub, it wouldn't be a 15k model!

rcnitro

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 08:13:43 pm »
Thanks alot guys!! We may try to head up that way this weekend. ;)

Pumpkinhead....nice! ;D
2009 Jacuzzi J-365

gwstudios

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 11:04:23 am »

I think I am one of the only people in here who owns a Dynasty. I have had minor issues like the tabs on the jets that lock them into the housing breaking off so if you turn them completely on, they pop out. They re-designed the tabs and replaced all my bad ones.

A pump impeller cracked loose from the drive shaft on my #2 pump. A call to Dynasty and a new pump was at my house in a couple of days and all they required was the stickers from the old one to be returned via certified mail.

There were no techs in the area to do the work, which they told me about ahead of time and told me they would try and get somebody to come and install the new pump but it may be a while. I told them not to bother, I would install it myself.

Two of my LED "quads" which is a circuit board with one input and four LED outs started to go dim, then completely out, which was a result of condensation making it's way to the lowest point of the "trough" in a hanging wire, which is where both boards were located.

They sent out a box with six replacement quads at no charge, which were simply plug and play and pushing the new LED's into the small housings, it took all but five minutes. I have four more backups as well.

So yes, the tub has not been flawless, but Dynasty has one of the best customer service departments I have ever had to contact and they have been a joy to deal with.

My problems were minor compared to some of the threads I have read in here. They had 5 yr on everything / 25 yr shell warranties when I purchased mine.

I am not cheerleading, just trying to give you guys an idea of the type of company this is and what you could expect if you need to contact them for parts or service. They do take parts orders direct via credit card and ship them the same or next business day.

They just don't have any dealers close to me anymore as the store I bought it from was dropped by Dynasty for various reasons, mostly complaints from what I heard.

The 15K model is the absolute top of the line with Dynasty (I think) but having all that integrated entertainment like LCD TV's and high end stereos will more than likely be a problem at some point.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 11:08:27 am by gwstudios »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 12:25:15 pm »

I am looking at a traditional high heat sauna. The Far Infrared concept bothers me, it is too much like being microwaved.

On therapy:
I have managed to break my left leg in four places in a motorcycle accident, then 17 years later, I broke my pelvis in three places, three ribs, collarbone all at once when a lady tried to "beat me" through an intersection when I was running lights and siren (we tied). When it gets cold and damp, the only things that take the ache away are a hot tub or high heat sauna. Even though it is only temporary, it is comfort.

To be fair, I've never tried an infrared sauna. Just can't wrap my arms around the concept.

I bought my last tub from All Seasons in Hilliard. I was pleased with the prices and service. They will be my first stop if I go the hot tub route.

Each sauna has different advantages, the traditional steam sauna heats your body from the outside in, it is great for removing toxins and cardio and does pretty good on aches and pains. The infared you should try. It does not microwave you, or give you a tan for that fact. It is one wave different than the infared from the sun and works much like the sun. It heats you from the inside out penetrating down into you koints and muscles. I have arthrtis and the infared is far more thereputic than our steam sauna and the benifits from it outlast the staem sauna or hot tub.

The sauna is more therputic for my arthritis if it is achey, but the hot tub offers the massage and weightless aspect, so I use both.

Have fun and enjoy your quest!
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

rcnitro

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 10:52:21 am »
Well...we made it up to All Seasons yesterday. VERY nice store with tons of spas and knowledgable people. BTW the $15,000 Dynasty was sweet! Totally not what Im wanting to spend for but nice to look at. With the state of the economy and my job we are not looking to spend alot of money right now. The salesman directed us to the Nordic spas. Specifically the Crown II. When I researched them online I didnt know what to expect from a 110V spa. I have to say I was shocked at how powerful they were. Now I do know that it takes awhile to heat and you cant heat and run the pump at the same time. I can live with that. For the money I was very impressed. My wife really wants it so Id say we will be buying one very soon. I figure it would be a good starter tub until we can afford a nicer one someday. If anyone has any input on these spas that would be awesome.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 12:04:14 pm by rcnitro »
2009 Jacuzzi J-365

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 10:52:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42