What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What are the absolute essentials of a premium tub?  (Read 3862 times)

spa_newb

What are the absolute essentials of a premium tub?
« on: November 02, 2008, 11:33:19 am »
If you had to make a list of items or options that no good quality tub should be without (circ pump, ozone, etc) what would they be?

Hot Tub Forum

What are the absolute essentials of a premium tub?
« on: November 02, 2008, 11:33:19 am »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: What are the absolute essentials of a premium
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 12:14:17 pm »
If you had to make a list of items or options that no good quality tub should be without (circ pump, ozone, etc) what would they be?

All that stuff is great. Stick with one of big names like: Sundance, Hotspring, Marquis, Jacuzzi, D1, Arctic, Artesian, Haven, and Coleman etc. All of their better spas will be well equipped with everything you need. Definitely, don't skimp on the ozone.

After owning a spa for over three years, I would say the most important essential is choosing a good dealer. This may not factor into your spreadsheet today but it will someday. If I buy another spa I will choose the dealer over a particular spa brand. Just my two cents.......
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 02:09:55 pm »
I have to agree 100% with Gombo!

The only other factor is how the tub feels to you. Forget whatever a sales person says as why theirs is the best - it's all BS. ALL of our tubs produce clean, hot water. Forget about breaking down - all manufacturers have problematic tubs - it makes a difference on how it's handled and not all dealers, even with the same brand, are created equal.

Ozone is not neccessary neither is a circ pump. Do you want to use bromine - then a bromine dispenser would be nice. Cup holders also are handy as well.

How many people are planning to use it? If a family of 4 then there are different needs than a party tub. Tubs really don't hold the number of people that they claim to.

The other thing is the "ooh factor" that some tubs seem to have. Personally I believe the more crap on a tub the more to go wrong ... but I am a fuction person vs a looking pretty person. I don't understand all the LEDs and fountains and whatever else a tub may have. I do have an LED main light and when people come over they think it's cool but honestly I never use it - my youngest son likes to put it on when we soak and that's the only time that it gets used. One second, I lied, I do have SS jets and think they dress up the tub a lot - so that's my "ooh factor".

But in the end the only thing that matters is that you are happy with your tub selection and that the tub has everything or most of what you want.

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:16:15 pm »
Great post, Vinny!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 02:16:29 pm by Mr._Bubbles »
It's all about da bubbles!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 08:21:46 pm »

All that stuff is great. Stick with one of big names like: Sundance, Hotspring, ....HAVEN,....... All of their better spas will be well equipped with everything you need. Definitely, don't skimp on the ozone.

After owning a spa for over three years, I would say the most important essential is choosing a good dealer.....

WAIT A DAN-GUM MINUTE!  How (in the WORLD) can you include that rinky-dink, hole in the wall re-manufacturer in THAT list.  And then going on to emphasis the dealer is admirable but that PARTICULAR dealer was ONE OF THE WORST...before he closed his doors about 3 months ago.. (I hope this was an inside joke)...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 08:22:10 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 11:33:30 am »
How (in the WORLD) can you include that rinky-dink, hole in the wall re-manufacturer in THAT list... (I hope this was an inside joke)

Are you seriously asking that question? Gombo's a regular on this site. I would have assumed all other veterans of this site would have gotten the joke pretty readily.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 11:36:48 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 04:38:09 pm »
The options on the spa are irrelevant, a premium most importantly should be a quality unit. Anybody can throw in lots of options and make it look pretty but it still will be can be a POS.

I look at:

Heater: Incoloy 825 or better
Seals: Viton
Full Foam
Geloy: additive on the plastic to keep them from fading in the Sun.
A proven warranty
Fit and Finish

Some of these somethings you will never see add quite a bit the cost but you will be glad you have them years down the road.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 11:20:21 pm »

WAIT A DAN-GUM MINUTE!  How (in the WORLD) can you include that rinky-dink, hole in the wall re-manufacturer in THAT list.  And then going on to emphasis the dealer is admirable but that PARTICULAR dealer was ONE OF THE WORST...before he closed his doors about 3 months ago.. (I hope this was an inside joke)...

You got me there ndabunka. Just checking to see if anyone was paying attention.... ;D
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 05:43:12 pm »
I have to say aux remotes.

Its nice to have the pump buttons right at your fingertips when you are relaxed on the other side from the control panel.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 05:43:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42