What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The New Limelight Web Site  (Read 5840 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
The New Limelight Web Site
« on: November 01, 2008, 04:32:54 pm »
FINALLY!

It's pretty slick looking.

http://www.limelighthottubs.com/#

Not my favorite tub, but they sell themselves.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

The New Limelight Web Site
« on: November 01, 2008, 04:32:54 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: The New Limelight Web Site
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 05:06:09 pm »
Not my favorite tub, but they sell themselves.Term

I like the looks, the lights, and I like the jet combo. But I must add that the latter is based on my experience with Caldera tubs - I really like being able to go from straight to spin jet with the flick of a finger, and they seem to be overpowered which is something our customers ask for a lot.

Having said that, I must quickly add that I have yet to wet test one. I have all three models on the floor, and one is wired and ready to fill, but I have not installed a cover lift yet, so I have not filled it.

Chris, what are your likes/dislikes on the LL spas?

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 05:17:08 pm »
Me encanta vender en contra de ella, es básico y, sin embargo, no de precio para competir! ;)
-SpaMan~

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 06:21:36 pm »
i love to sell against it, it is basic, however, not a competitive price.

Hmm.

I have set the prices below cost. I hope to make it up on volume....

8-)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 06:24:07 pm by Chas »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 07:11:12 pm »
Me encanta vender en contra de ella, es básico y, sin embargo, no de precio para competir! ;)

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem! ;)

Chas, to answer thy questions:

Liketh:  Lights, seating, shell colors, price, saleability

Disliketh:  Bypass filtration

It has been a wonderful comparison tool to help me sell more HotSpring Spas.

Gotta go...busy day today!  Take care...

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 07:55:01 pm »

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem! ;)

Chas, to answer thy questions:

Liketh:  Lights, seating, shell colors, price, saleability

Disliketh:  Bypass filtration

It has been a wonderful comparison tool to help me sell more HotSpring Spas.

Gotta go...busy day today!  Take care...

Term

Es debilem vinculum, vale! ;D

Actually it was a great move for Hot Spring to make the LL spas too  many companies are not doing what it takes! I am not complaining though.
-SpaMan~

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 12:39:48 am »
Term, have you wet tested one yet? I bet the Pulse with two 2.5 HP pumps puts out a good massage. Is the jet pressure stronger compared to the typical HS models?

What's the marketing/selling advantage to go away from the no bypass method? Does it help with jet pressure or is there another reason?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 07:33:59 am »
What's the marketing/selling advantage to go away from the no bypass method? Does it help with jet pressure or is there another reason?

As a consumer, it's a lot cheaper and easier to clean one filter than it is the four found on the no bypass setup.  I’m not sure if it’s true, but I was told there is only bypass with the jets running, not with the 24 hour circulation pump. No bypass sounds great in theory, but I’m not sure it’s worth the extra cost or hassle.  I would like to see a comparison study between the two.  I just don’t see the no bypass setup out performing that much more.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 07:37:07 am by Mr._Bubbles »
It's all about da bubbles!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 08:23:58 am »
I have had both types of filtration systems running side-by-side for twenty years on my showroom floor. Far harder to keep a tub clean there - opened more, lots and lots of hand lotion in the water on a busy day, kids, etc. Next to the HotSpring were tubs from other brands, then Tiger River, Caldera, Hot Spot, Solana, to name just a few.

Without a single exception, it has always been easier to keep the HotSpring tubs cleaner and clearer. So much so that you could pretty much walk into my showroom at the end of the day on a Saturday or a real busy Friday and tell which tubs were which just by looking at the water in them.

However, unless you have them side-by-side as I and other dealers do, you would not notice the difference, and I only think it should be a deal breaker if you are planning some huge amount of use for the tub. Or perhaps if you live in a high-dust or high-wind environment or some other special need. Having owned bypass tubs at the store and in my yard, I can vouch for the fact that with simple care and a little thought, they can also be very functional in the home.

HTH

8-)

spa_newb

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 11:14:17 am »
I think they need to work on limelights website. Launching a PDF for each tub is not a website.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 11:17:34 am »
I think they need to work on limelights website. Launching a PDF for each tub is not a website.

They have launched the new web site.  Perhaps you need to refresh.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

spa_newb

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 11:39:49 am »
Duh, sorry about that.

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 01:36:27 pm »

Without a single exception, it has always been easier to keep the HotSpring tubs cleaner and clearer. So much so that you could pretty much walk into my showroom at the end of the day on a Saturday or a real busy Friday and tell which tubs were which just by looking at the water in them.

Wow, one day and it’s that bad. :o I’ve never had a viable water/sum line, even after heavy long term use. Well, maybe back in the Baqa days... ::)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 03:13:10 pm »
Wow, one day and it’s that bad. :o I’ve never had a visable water/sum line, even after heavy long term use. Well, maybe back in the Baqa days... ::)

Ok, try this: have ten families come to your house. Have each family have at least one kid, maybe more. Have every single member of those families not just put their hands into your tub, but have them reach deep to get their hands in front of lower jets, upper jets, and middle jets. Have them pause in front of the MotoMassage or whatever your best jet is on your tub. Then have the kids play some little game of "sink the duck," or "splash my brother" around the tub while the adults go over the pricing and so forth.

I hope you realize I am talking about the tubs in my showroom, and I specified a busy day. Dealers will tell you: it is far more work to keep a spa nice in a busy showroom than it is in a backyard.

8-)

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 04:22:27 pm »

Ok, try this: have ten families come to your house. Have each family have at least one kid, maybe more. Have every single member of those families not just put their hands into your tub, but have them reach deep to get their hands in front of lower jets, upper jets, and middle jets. Have them pause in front of the MotoMassage or whatever your best jet is on your tub. Then have the kids play some little game of "sink the duck," or "splash my brother" around the tub while the adults go over the pricing and so forth.

I hope you realize I am talking about the tubs in my showroom, and I specified a busy day. Dealers will tell you: it is far more work to keep a spa nice in a busy showroom than it is in a backyard.

8-)

LOL, I’m not questioning your word. :-?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 04:22:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42