What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How many adults can you comfortably fit at once?  (Read 3933 times)

spa_newb

How many adults can you comfortably fit at once?
« on: October 30, 2008, 06:54:37 pm »

Please state your tub brand and model, and how many adults can comfortably fit at one given time. I want to see how the sizes and advertised seating compares to reality.

Thanks

Dave

Hot Tub Forum

How many adults can you comfortably fit at once?
« on: October 30, 2008, 06:54:37 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: How many adults can you comfortably fit at onc
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 08:22:30 pm »
Dave,  when I was shopping and wet testing I brought my husband and kids and we tested the tubs together. One thing we learned is that it is more about the layout of the tub than even the available seats. I have a Marquis Epic. The footwell is large which I believe, allows more people to soak without touching each other. So even though you have available seats, sometimes it is not comfortable when you are touching each other.
Marquis says the Epic can seat 6/7 people. There are 7 different seats but  I would say comfortably 5 adults  could all soak and not be touching each other.

Hope that helps
Support your dealer so they can support you!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:53:37 pm »
This is a factor we looked into when we bought our tub.   I told most dealers," I want a tub that comfortable sits 4 adults, and if that means I buy a 6 person tub, then so be it. " My Dynasty, see links associated with my account, is listed as a 6 person tub. We have had 6 people in it comfortably. I wouldn't want to be in it with 5 other guys, but it could hold me and 5 supermodels quite comfortably.  Removing suits may save 1/16" per person in space.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 08:55:13 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spa_newb

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 12:19:09 am »
This is a factor we looked into when we bought our tub.   I told most dealers," I want a tub that comfortable sits 4 adults, and if that means I buy a 6 person tub, then so be it. " My Dynasty, see links associated with my account, is listed as a 6 person tub. We have had 6 people in it comfortably. I wouldn't want to be in it with 5 other guys, but it could hold me and 5 supermodels quite comfortably.  Removing suits may save 1/16" per person in space.

I hear exactly what you're saying!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 07:21:50 am »
Sundance Optima advertized to seat eight, can comfortably seat six, ideally seats four.  I've had as many as thirteen in it.

Most of the time, the spa is used with one to two people, which I believe is what happens with most spas.  I use the spa in a different way than what I had anticipated before I purchased it.  If you become a long term regular soaker, it becomes a very personal part of your routine.

zroger73

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 11:29:07 am »
It all depends on how "close" you are to your fellow soakers and, in some cases, how much alcohol has been consumed!  ;)
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 11:48:44 am »
Sundance Optima advertized to seat eight, can comfortably seat six, ideally seats four.  I've had as many as thirteen in it.

Most of the time, the spa is used with one to two people, which I believe is what happens with most spas.  I use the spa in a different way than what I had anticipated before I purchased it.  If you become a long term regular soaker, it becomes a very personal part of your routine.

Well stated.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 12:11:46 pm »
Clearwater Orlando, says it seats 6, seats 6 comfortably, the way the seating is set up you dont have as many feet in the footwell. Clearwater has some smaller tubs in the XS series that they say seat5 or 6, but I would say 3-4 comfortable. Where your feet/knees are is the biggest thin IMO.

Depth of the tub plays a role also, if you have a shallow tub and overstuff it, water will be rolling over the sides and then when everyone gets out the pumps will suck air. See this in some of the shallow 3 person tubs and 5 person tubs.

We have had several tubs from an 84x 78 with lounge (waters edge), 84 by 84 no lounge Barefoot, 93 x 93 Clearwater with lounge and 93 x 93 Clearwater with recliners. There is just 2 of us that use the tub and I will never go with smaller than an 8 foot tub again. I like the space.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 12:11:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42