What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spas vs Hot Springs Spas  (Read 16392 times)

jettrack

Master Spas vs Hot Springs Spas
« on: October 28, 2008, 05:14:17 pm »
I am trying to decide which tub to by I have it narrowed down to the Master Spa LSX1000 or the Hot Springs Grande. Anyone have an opinion on which one is more reliable, any thoughts on the magnetic therapy that Master Spas uses, Benefits vs. drawbacks? My wife has a bad back and I am trying to find the most theraputic tub on the market.
Not sure of the Master Spa dealer, he is listed as unsatisfactory on the BBB report.

Hot Tub Forum

Master Spas vs Hot Springs Spas
« on: October 28, 2008, 05:14:17 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Master Spas vs Hot Springs Spas
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 05:22:20 pm »
Welcome to the forum! :)

Here is some interesting reading you might like to see:

http://forum.poolspanews.com/trade/psforum/subject.php4?f=37&i=1&t=1

There is a lot more information available if you require it.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 06:13:09 pm »
I've used the LSX it was nice.  Magnetic therapy? That one is new, My wife got into Nikken for a while, that stuff was pure bunk.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 11:21:15 pm »
I am trying to decide which tub to by I have it narrowed down to the Master Spa LSX1000 or the Hot Springs Grande. Anyone have an opinion on which one is more reliable, any thoughts on the magnetic therapy that Master Spas uses, Benefits vs. drawbacks? My wife has a bad back and I am trying to find the most theraputic tub on the market.
[size=18]Not sure of the Master Spa dealer, he is listed as unsatisfactory on the BBB report.[/size]

I think you have your answer right there.  Not only is Master shady in its practices, but it also sounds like the dealer has a bit to be desired.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:22:02 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 08:37:40 am »
Hotsprings is considered to be the industry leader and has a fantastic reputation for a great product and outstanding support.

07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 01:19:06 pm »
Not sure of the Master Spa dealer, he is listed as unsatisfactory on the BBB report.

Between those two I think the Hot Spring is hands down the better choice. If for some reason the Hot Spring were not a viable choice I'd go to plan B and find another option; I just don't think Master is a good choice based on quality, energy efficiency and just a reluctance to put my trust in them in general.

Since its coming from Master, I would assume the magnetic therapy is more of their to be avoided Marketing mumbo jumbo.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:19:47 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 05:27:58 pm »
Master Spas are a joke, shady company, good looking spa but that is were anything nice saying would stop. Over priced POS!

Hot Springs make a good spa and they are a good company.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 10:06:04 pm »
I've had 8 actual repairs in almost 3 years on my Hot Springs Vanguard...maybe it's just bad luck!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 07:27:45 am »
I've had 8 actual repairs in almost 3 years on my Hot Springs Vanguard...maybe it's just bad luck!

All spas are going to sometime need repairs.  Water, pumps and electronics all add up to maintenance.  That is why it is important to choose a good manufacturer and a good dealer, IMO.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 10:51:49 am »
Hotsprings is considered to be the industry leader and has a fantastic reputation for a great product and outstanding support.

I beg to differ this satement, and the blatent misadvertising it displays. "Hot Spring is considered to be the industry leader" only by the persons peddling it and the customers who are fans of the product. I would like to see the data that supports and makes the argument that Hot Spring is "the industry leader". I personally believe there are manufacturers building more spas than Hot Spring. Since I believe noone on this site knows the actual numbers of other manufacturers, that the biased opinions of people on this board, sometimes false statements are mistaken for fact. Don't get me wrong I do believe that Hot Spring is the better in this comparison, but I do not believe it is an over all consensous in the industry that Hot Spring is "the industry leader." We should be more careful of statements like this on this board as I do not want to be included in the unbrella that is part of an over all consensus.

Master Spas........ Don't get me started, this website only allows for 5500 characters and there are a million in the stories that go along with this company.

Buy the Hot Spring over the Master Spa any time. ;)
-SpaMan~

Chris_H

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 11:24:59 am »
I can’t see any manufacturing making more spas than Hotspring.  They have more dealers worldwide than anyone and by a wide margin.  For comparison purposes, Hotspring has 950 dealers and 750 for Sundance and 500 for Cal.  Those numbers came right from the manufacturers websites and dictate fairly reasonably who is selling more spas.  Do you honestly believe Hotspring would have 25% more dealers than Sundance and almost double the amount of dealers than Cal if they weren’t industry leaders?

jettrack

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 11:35:55 am »
Thanks to everyone who volunteered information on this topic, I am certainly glad I asked the question. Hot Springs hands down seems to be the best choice and we have decided to go that route, the Master Spas LSX 1000 sure looks nice and had some great features but if the tubs are unreliable I do not want anything to do with them. I want to enjoy the tub and not spend time working on it.
I wonder why the White House decided to purchase the Master Spa LSX 1050 for Camp David? Anyway keep the info coming this is exactly what people shopping for spas need, there is not much unbiased information on the web regarding which spa is the best. I appreciate all replys you have helped make my decisio0n easier.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 11:35:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42