Original > Hot Tub Forum

EZ Pads vs Concrete slab

<< < (3/3)

BullFrogSpasMN:

--- Quote from: Tman122 on March 22, 2016, 06:10:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: ljames622002 on March 18, 2016, 12:35:08 pm ---I'm not familiar with the ez pad but I can tell you that setting the hot tub on concrete will trap water between the bottom of the tub and the concrete and rot the bottom wood on the tub.  Mine was doing this and I changed it and set it on gravel which drains away instantly.

--- End quote ---

What kind of tub was it with wood in contact with concrete?

--- End quote ---

Here's an Artesian that just turned 12 years old in March of 2016 we just picked up...barely made it to the trailer before it fell apart in multiple pieces lol

Jostudly:
 I have a pressure treated base on my hot tub which sits on top of pressure treated plywood will this rot over time? Also the paint has come off the base of the hot tub when I was using the hose to clean around it. Wondering if I should use a waterproof sealant.

Malcom Turn:
That price tag is indeed surprising! Regarding EZ Pads, they can be a viable alternative, especially in harsh weather conditions like those in New England. However, durability concerns are valid, including cracking, freezing, and sinking. It's essential to weigh the pros and cons carefully.

I found great value using a website https://govisit.click/hot-tub to compare local quotes for hot tub installations. It saved me time and money, providing me with multiple options to choose from effortlessly.

Ripper238:
Your foundation is extremely important, so concrete is best since it's more resilient and stable. But if you properly do crushed stone and sand (just like what you would do for a slab) then put EZ Pads or pavers you should be good as well. You want to avoid unlevel settling.

Many old cheaper tubs have/had open bottoms and use wood frames so you definitely want a properly made slab for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version