What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used Hot Tub water  (Read 3537 times)

barleyz

Used Hot Tub water
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:54:50 am »
Hi All,
     I'm new to the forum and am getting ready to purchase a Jacuzzi 365.  I have a lot to learn and this forum really helps.  One thing the wife wanted to know was whether the water you drain out of the tub can be used to water flowers ect.  Or will the chemicals do in anything they touch.  Seems a shame to waste 500 or so gallons of water these days.

Hot Tub Forum

Used Hot Tub water
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:54:50 am »

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
Re: Used Hot Tub water
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 08:05:31 am »
    I do not have any type of flower bed near my tub to use the water for but I let it drain on my lawn. I have had no type of ill effects from that. I would just make sure you do not add a lot of chemicals the day or two before you plan on draining/refill your tub to be on the safe side.

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 09:38:30 am »
Welcome to the forum, barleyz!  We have a Jacuzzi 365 as well, and LOVE it!  What color shell/skirt did you go with?   You will have to be sure to post pics after you get it installed.  Waiting for it to arrive is the hardest part.  :-/  There is a lot of good information on this board.  I read a LOT on here while I was anxiously waiting for our tub to arrive!  It's nice to be able to chat with others who are excited about their hot tubs as well.
As far as draining it on flowers/lawn, I agree with what H823Putt said.  Don't add chemicals in the couple days prior to draining, and then you can watter your plants/flowers/yard without any ill effects.  When I drain our tub, I have the main drain going, as well as a siphoned hose coming out over the top of the tub.  It drains in no time flat!

anitanewtub

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 01:50:43 am »
Just got my J365 set up and running yesterday...  It's great so far, everything I thought it would be....  Experimenting with temperatures - yesterday at 101, today at 97...   101 is better in 40 degree evenings...

As for the used water, I asked the dealer that same question and he assures me it's fine because there is no chlorine in it.  But, I obviously haven't done it yet to find out for myself.

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:27:02 am »
Congrats on the new tub!
Pictures please!  We like pictures.... :D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:27:25 am by rnblase »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:27:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42