What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: H/L reading on my display  (Read 5539 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
H/L reading on my display
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:42:01 am »
what does H/L mean?

everything appears to be ok but this wont leave my dispaly, the only thing that I have noticed is that the new pump is making a loud noise when running.  Please tell me not another pump problem.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 09:47:16 am by bosco0633 »

Hot Tub Forum

H/L reading on my display
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:42:01 am »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: H/L reading on my display
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 10:03:27 am »
spoke with service department, they said it is caused sometimes by a power failure.  So I shut the breaker off waited 5 mim, turned back on.  H/L is now gone
Tom maybe you can answer me something.  When I turn the tub back on after tripping the breaker, I always get a mreading that says 600 then 354 flashing.  What does this mean????

I will keep an eye on the tub and make sure that the H/L reading does not show back up.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 10:39:45 am »
H/L on a Balboa M7 board means that there was too much of a difference in temp between sensors on the heater. If you look on top of your heater you will see a sensor on either side of it. Those read between them to test the intake and output of the heater thereby knowing if water is flowing and the heater is working.

If there is a significant difference between the two it will not allow the heater to come on. If you have an air bubble in the system you can get steam in the first few minuets and will get an H/L.

The numbers at startup are software system checks.

I've also seen low speed kicking out or not coming on and causing an HL because of flow on those sensors.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 10:42:29 am by stuart »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 10:58:23 am »
thanks stuart, so what else should I do.  It seems ok for now after i reset the breaker.  Anything else I should do

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 11:22:30 am »
The best thing you can do is to pull the filters and fill the spa through there when you drain and refill. After having a motor replaced if I get a louder noise and an HL I usually check the gate valves because often they get forgotten or not pulled up all the way and it restricts flow. Otherwise it's just the fact that the pump was dry and the rest of the plumbing had water so when the valves where opened an air bubble was created.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 11:42:15 am »
the pump and motor were replaced last month.  Everything was working fine.  I have noticed that the pump runs alot louder but maybe that is because this is a new style pump and makes more noise.  

I have since drained the tub, replaced the filter and refilled.  Everything ahs been good.  But all of the sudden I get this H/L message.  I did what the service department told me to, I rtriped the breaker waited 5 min and then turned it back on.  So far so good, but I bet it will come back. I still think that something is wrong with my pump that was replaced.  Ill give it another day before I call for a service call.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 12:30:23 pm »
the pump and motor were replaced last month.  Everything was working fine.  I have noticed that the pump runs alot louder but maybe that is because this is a new style pump and makes more noise.  

I have since drained the tub, replaced the filter and refilled.  Everything ahs been good.  But all of the sudden I get this H/L message.  I did what the service department told me to, I rtriped the breaker waited 5 min and then turned it back on.  So far so good, but I bet it will come back. I still think that something is wrong with my pump that was replaced.  Ill give it another day before I call for a service call.
Do yourself a favor and open the cabinet, look at the slice valves, look to see if there it still a pad or cushions on the bolts of the motor and make sure all the screws are tight on the box. The noise your hearing could be something as simple as a wire or cord rubbing against the new motor

keating

• Arctic Avalanche Ultra DELIVERED
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 03:32:45 pm »
mine makes a wierd sorta loud vibrating noise if the hex bolts that hold the equipment compartment door aren't tight enough.

the pump running seems to make the hatch vibrate.

give the bolts an extra twist with an allen wrench and see if that helps at all.

Tom

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 05:31:32 pm »
When I turn the tub back on after tripping the breaker, I always get a mreading that says 600 then 354 flashing.  What does this mean????
It's the software revision number for the pack.

Tom

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 05:36:18 pm »
Do yourself a favor and open the cabinet, look at the slice valves, look to see if there it still a pad or cushions on the bolts of the motor and make sure all the screws are tight on the box. The noise your hearing could be something as simple as a wire or cord rubbing against the new motor
Arctic uses ball valves rather than slice valves, so check to see that the handle of each is parallel to the pipes. A partially blocked flow can cause the HL (according to my troubleshooting guide; I'm no spa tech!).  

It's normal for the HL to remain on until the spa is reset.  Remember that at a reset, all settings revert to factory default so you may have to reprogram your filtration cycle etc.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 06:42:04 pm »
i laminated the filter cycle sheet today so I can take it out tonight.  What are the best settings for the winter??

Tom

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 10:05:29 am »
 What are the best settings for the winter??
I'm going to quote Stuart on this:

I suggest that as winter approaches you increase your frequency of filter cycles and decrease the length of each cycle so that there is a more consistent temp in the cabinet. For example; instead of two, 3 hour cycles do three 2 hour or six 1 hour cycles.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:07:47 am by Graybeard »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 10:05:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42