What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Service Techs  (Read 2603 times)

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Service Techs
« on: October 22, 2008, 12:42:51 pm »
I was wondering if any service techs out there had any experience with the in-ware or aware systems. We have seen a few manufactures have changed to them and were wondering if anyone has seen any type of issues with them. How do they seem to be doing?
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

Service Techs
« on: October 22, 2008, 12:42:51 pm »

Pathfinder

Re: Service Techs
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 06:11:16 pm »
I think they are great to work with. Easy to troubleshoot  there isnt any guess work at all the beauty is with the XM3, adding the peripherals hasnt been easier.  Most of my retros I now use the In.xe pack.  The K 600 control pad take a little getting used at first but after its pretty easy.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 10:29:09 pm »
Are you guys talking about some kind of electronic trouble shooting hardware/software? How does it work?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Pathfinder

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 11:00:20 pm »
It's Gecko's newer Spa packs & peripherals  http://www.geckoalliance.com

Hillbilly Hot Tub

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 10:55:12 am »
Thanks Pathfinder, we are worried about the longevity of the pack. They are trying to get us to use these over Balboa for pack replacements. They are offering us good pricing, but we have replaced MANY Gecko M Pro's that have burned up do to underspeced relays and many S-class packs that the hi limit ribbon has toasted on.

We have had good luck with the Balboa and were worried about this new system. They have been in the field for a couple of years now, so we were wondering what others were seeing out there.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 12:36:09 pm »
The first time you call Gecko and have them help troubleshoot a not so common issue you will appreciate balboa more. IMO balboa has been much easier to work with.

Your right though...There has been a plethora of issues on the Gecko systems we've dealt with over the last few years and the only thing that I can really say was common on the Balboa boards was the terminal blocks arcing and melting.

Thanks Pathfinder, we are worried about the longevity of the pack. They are trying to get us to use these over Balboa for pack replacements. They are offering us good pricing, but we have replaced MANY Gecko M Pro's that have burned up do to underspeced relays and many S-class packs that the hi limit ribbon has toasted on.

We have had good luck with the Balboa and were worried about this new system. They have been in the field for a couple of years now, so we were wondering what others were seeing out there.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 01:29:21 pm »
Knock of wood......we have not had any issues with the Balboa's, not on the tubs we sell or the replacements we have put in. The only issue we had was when Clearwater switched ozone genorators, they made to much noise which caused the control system to freak out, but Del changed the ozone and not a problem anymore.

Great Lakes just switched from Balboa to aeware this summer and we just started selling them again, so we will see how it goes with those. I was looking for people that have seen them(aeware/in-ware) 2-3 years out.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 01:29:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42