What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can't be all that bad..  (Read 3339 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Can't be all that bad..
« on: October 23, 2008, 03:07:38 pm »
I stopped in the Hot Springs dealer in Wilmington Delaware yesterday looking for  a counter/bar surround for my hot tub.  The store was beautiful and they had a huge selections of tubs. The Limelight tubs are really nice..I love all those tiny lights. I walked all over the store looking at everything that they had to offer. I was probably there for 10-15 minutes. There was only one customer in the store  talking to a sales person. Three sales people saw me looking but no one said a thing. As I walked out the door, one said goodby ...So what's up with that? No one even asked what I was looking for or if they could help me. I guess they are doing so well they don't need to offer customers help!!! :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Can't be all that bad..
« on: October 23, 2008, 03:07:38 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Can't be all that bad..
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:22:05 pm »
 Because they are lazy a-- salesman!!   No other word for it.

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 03:32:57 pm »
Because they are lazy a-- salesman!!   No other word for it.

Yep, I have to agree with Jim on this one. It sounds like they made all the sales they wanted to that day.
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 03:36:13 pm »

Yep, I have to agree with Jim on this one. It sounds like they made all the sales they wanted to that day.

Or they looked at Bonnebelle and sized her up as a looky lou.

I'm sure I mentioned it before, but when we first bought our house and we were in our mid 20s we were in a carpet store,  A salesman just started talking to us when a 50s something couple well dressed and in their 50s driving a Mercedes walked in. He dropped us so fast. We looked like hell because we had been moving furniture and measuring for our carpet needs.  We walked out, and I saw that couple walk out behind us. I went across the street and bought my carpet.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 03:39:42 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 03:37:40 pm »
I had just the opposite problem yesterday...three different groups of shoppers came in one right after the other.  While I was working with the first two groups, the other fella got tired of waiting and left despite my trying to placate him.  Don't think he'll be on the Be-Back Bus neither. :-/

Most salespeople truly do suckitate.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 03:43:13 pm »
I had just the opposite problem yesterday...three different groups of shoppers came in one right after the other.  While I was working with the first two groups, the other fella got tired of waiting and left despite my trying to placate him.  Don't think he'll be on the Be-Back Bus neither. :-/

Most salespeople truly do suckitate.

Term

I been in similar situations were we had more customers than people to help them. I do have to admit that it really feels good when someone actually waits 30 - 40 minutes or more and you can still help them out and they leave with a smile  :)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 04:11:27 pm »

I work in my store alone prolly 90% of the time, one Saturday I had 3 couples show up at pretty much all at  the same time, and of course I had just put my lunch in the microwave never fails,  anyway I walked all 3 around the spas and did the pitch,  I sold 2 out of the 3 that day the 3rd came back later and bought.

I still get the people that come in and I cant help them cause I am with others, I still excuse myself and grab them a brochure to hold them over,  most are understanding and return or stay, some just leave pissed most likely never return I am probably better off with out them.  I still hate it when it happens though!  
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:12:35 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 04:15:33 pm »
Bill might be right...I did look like I spend my last dime at Kohls.... :-/ (i did)
So even if I wasn't going to buy a tub, it was pretty evident that I was interested in the tub related things that they had on display.
Oh well, I found what I want ...(kind of) on line.  I should have just saved my gas!! ;)

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 04:15:52 pm »

Or they looked at Bonnebelle and sized her up as a looky lou.

:-?  We treat "looky lous" the same as anyone else.  They still have friends, coworkers, neighbors, family, internet pals...

When I'm on the sales floor and overloaded, I try to do groups (just like I was training a group of construction bums).  It usually works very well, it seems like it builds excitement.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 04:17:55 pm »
Jim, customers understand when you are too busy to help (or at least I do) It is completely different when 3 (count 'em three) sales people watch you walk around looking for tags or prices on things and just stand there and talk... >:(

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 04:54:20 pm »
I know when I bought, we welcomed the salesman leaving us to help someone else so we could discuss what we just heard and seen.  All he had to do was acknowledge us occasionally.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 04:54:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42