What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Filter Cover (weir)?  (Read 3868 times)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Jacuzzi Filter Cover (weir)?
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:20:46 pm »
I bought a Jacuzzi J-470 last May and it has worked without a hitch. Love the spa and can't say enough good about it.

I have a small problem. I drained the water over the weekend and afterwards the floating filter cover (weir) that skims along the top of the water is stuck in the down postion. I have tried with both hands to pull it up and it has a monster suction on it or something. I drained the tub again last night and it is now sitting empty. Still the floating filter cover will not come out.

Does anyone have an idea how I can free it?

Thanks,
Scott  8-)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 01:29:37 pm by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Filter Cover (weir)?
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:20:46 pm »

webboy

• hey bub
Re: Jacuzzi Filter Cover (weir)?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 03:43:41 pm »
Hey Scott,

Throw a picture up so that we can take a look, can't imagine it being a suction thing. If it is, wouldn't filling your tub back up with water solve that? Good luck!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 04:27:07 pm »
I have read on another thread that you should fill the tub with the filter removed to avoid an air pocket. I can't figure out what is holding it down as it is just a circular cylinder that slides up and down over the filter.

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatini

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 11:37:44 pm »
try giving it a twist as your are pulling , it must just be wedged in as I can see no way for suction to hold that cover on, now the polishing cover can be held by suction , but only when the pump is running, I think a little twist while gently pulling should work

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 12:44:58 am »
Fixed it. Two butter knives run around opposing sides. Floater ball slid off and let the cover get caught under the weir slider seal. My terms but didn't know how to explain if someone else had this issue. Anyway after I took a closer look at it, it was a 10 second fix.

Thanks for the input.

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 12:44:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42