What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi hot tub wiring  (Read 4001 times)

barleyz

Jacuzzi hot tub wiring
« on: October 16, 2008, 10:22:44 am »
Someone that has wired a Jacuzzi hot tub help me out here. In my main breaker box I have the 50 amp GFI breaker and a quick disconnect near the tub.  jucuzzi only uses two hot wires and a ground.  The hot wires go into the breaker. The ground wire goes to the ground buss and the white pigtail goes to the neutral buss which looks to be the same thing in my 30 year old box.  Does this sound correct?  Also I will be installing a bonding wire from the spa bonding lugs to  to a suitable ground within 5 ft of the spa.  In my case that will have to be a grounding rod pounded into the ground.  It doesn't say in the manual how big or how deep this has to be into the ground only that you have to use a wire no less than No. 8 AWG solid copper wire.  Any help here is appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi hot tub wiring
« on: October 16, 2008, 10:22:44 am »

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
Re: Jacuzzi hot tub wiring
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 10:49:32 am »
And that's why we hired an electrician.  ;)
First we hired one that took 1/2 our money and then never showed up.
Then we hired one that actually showed up, did the work, and we had to pay him the full amount.
Quite an expensive venture for us.  
Took the first guy to small claims and won. (because he never showed up...imagine that)
Now I'm in the process of trying to collect the money from him.
I have a friend that works for a collection agency who is helping us, otherwise we'd just be out the money.
Anyway, I'm no help...sorry!!
I can tell you who NOT to hire, however!!   ;D

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 01:11:31 pm »
Someone that has wired a Jacuzzi hot tub help me out here. In my main breaker box I have the 50 amp GFI breaker and a quick disconnect near the tub.  jucuzzi only uses two hot wires and a ground.  The hot wires go into the breaker. The ground wire goes to the ground buss and the white pigtail goes to the neutral buss which looks to be the same thing in my 30 year old box.  Does this sound correct?  Also I will be installing a bonding wire from the spa bonding lugs to  to a suitable ground within 5 ft of the spa.  In my case that will have to be a grounding rod pounded into the ground.  It doesn't say in the manual how big or how deep this has to be into the ground only that you have to use a wire no less than No. 8 AWG solid copper wire.  Any help here is appreciated.

Unless its a local code you shouldn't need to run another ground like a rod.  Least I never have.  2nd everything else sounds right, from the disconnect like said only 3 wires are needed you won't need a neutral to the spa itself.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 01:11:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42