What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: down to three.....  (Read 7679 times)

nwhttbr

down to three.....
« on: October 09, 2008, 06:13:46 pm »
Greetings all!

I'm looking for some feedback on....you guessed it - whats the best hot tub!

We've narrowed our hot tub search down to three manufacturers (all Canadian made, hence constructed for our chilly winter climate.)  Aside from the comfort factor, which is subjective, I'd love to hear some comparative feedback on overall quality/durability on any of the below:

Arctic Spa
Sunrise Spas
Coast Spas

I've seen a few posts on Arctic, but none on either Sunrise or Coast....any input would be greatly appreciated!  ::)

Hot Tub Forum

down to three.....
« on: October 09, 2008, 06:13:46 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: down to three.....
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 07:04:52 pm »
  Hey guys we got a live one here!!!  :D     Sorry inside joke.  

Out of those 3 I myself would be leaning towards the arctic, I don't know anything about the Sunrise and the Coast in my opinion is not a bad spa by any means, but we work on a  lot of them service wise, for the price you would get more out of the Arctic.

What else have you looked at?  Have you wet tested your 3 choices?    

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 07:13:20 pm »
Most people here know that I'm not a huge fan of any of those brands however; Arctic is the hands down winner in that group.

Coast has had so many quality and engineering issues over the last several years that I would shy away and although my personal history with Sunrise was several years ago, it was not a good experience and the biggest problem was the attitude of the company president that I couldn't get over so unless he has had some major life issues that changed his outlook I would steer you away there also!

I've often found in this industry that most of the manufacturing issues that never get resolved are directly related to upper management or ownership.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 07:21:32 pm »
Greetings all!

We've narrowed our hot tub search down to three manufacturers (all Canadian made, hence constructed for our chilly winter climate.)  

From that list I'd go with Arctic but I hope you're not thinking American made spas are built for warm weather!! It kind of gets cold down here in places like Minnesota, Michigan, Montana, Maine and even some states not starting with an M. We have some well made, well insulated spas produced in the US for cold places!!

Just don't buy a spa made in Panama, all of those are made for warm climates.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:22:47 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 09:53:48 am »
To add on to what Spatech said, all hot tubs are pretty much made to endure the cold weather.  Just because they are made in Canada doesn't give them an edge on cold weather durability and energy efficiency.

All the major brands, Jacuzzi, Sundance, Marquis, Hot Spring, Caldera, Dimension One, are made to withstand your insanely cold weather.

Stick with a major brand.  Arctic is what I'd call a mid-major so they'd be included in that group.  They have received a lot of good reviews.  They are a smaller company than the Jacuzzi/Sundance and Hot Spring/Caldera.  That doesn't mean in any way that makes them inferior.  There have been some warranty related issues mentioned on the site, but most seem to eventually have been resolved.

Two of the most important factors in making your decision should be the reputation and quality of your local dealer and your personal comfort in the spa.  Make sure you take the opportunity to test out the spas by sitting in them filled and hot and ready to go.  That is the only way you can be certain of your comfort level.  A spa full of water is a lot different feeling than a spa with no water.

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:54:20 am by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 11:57:47 am »
I agree with the above posts but if you want to support Canadian manufacturers (dear to many of us Canucks  :D ), I would add Beachcomber (British Columbia) and Hydropool (built in Mississauga) to your list as well.

Arctic would be my choice in the list you provided for quality but Beachcomber would be my personal choice overall.

Steve
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:01:38 pm by Steve »

Tom

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 12:04:45 pm »
To add on to what Spatech said, all hot tubs are pretty much made to endure the cold weather.
Well, some more than others....

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 01:35:45 am »
Well, some more than others....

Agreed.  That is why I went on to give some names.  I wouldn't put a Sunbelt Spa in Canada as they don't even really have thermopane.  Of course, I wouldn't put a Sunbelt Spa anywhere for that matter.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 09:17:11 am »
I believe sunrise spas are from Grimsby Ontario.  I know some people with them and they are alright, nothing special to be honest with you.  They were at a home show last year, and to me they are just alright.  

I own an arctic spa Tundra signature.  I love my tub, I love the cedar skirt, the contoured seating, cover, and overall appearance of the tub.  I have had limited issues, with some dealer service issues, but honestly, all in all, I truely love my tub.

At my place of employment, many of my co-workers have purchased an arctic spa.  I have yet to hear someone say that they dont like the tub.  Where do you live?  What store are you looking to purchase from.  What model of arctic are you looking at?

Keep us posted, but hands down if these are your final 3 tubs then I would suggest the arctic spas.

DONT FORGET TO READ THE WARRANTY BEFORE SIGNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 03:05:27 pm »
Greetings all!

I'm looking for some feedback on....you guessed it - whats the best hot tub!

We've narrowed our hot tub search down to three manufacturers (all Canadian made, hence constructed for our chilly winter climate.)  Aside from the comfort factor, which is subjective, I'd love to hear some comparative feedback on overall quality/durability on any of the below:

Arctic Spa
Sunrise Spas
Coast Spas

I've seen a few posts on Arctic, but none on either Sunrise or Coast....any input would be greatly appreciated!  ::)

I am not trying ti be rude and I know others are thinking it, so I am going to ask it.

Why? Of all other brands, You have narrowed it it down to Sunrise, which is a very basic , cut corner to cut cost brand.

Coast is marginal, but borderline.

Arctic is better than the 2, but there are so many other brands out there to choose from that offer the strength,integrity,durability and design ,it takes to build a tub to outlast and outplay.

O.k Arctic, I get why it is in the top 3 of your choices,  if certain brands are unavailable to you I can understand that one, but Sunrise?? In comparison you can visibly see the difference in quality.

Just curious? ::)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 03:08:26 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 11:43:03 am »
I put money down on a Coast Radiance because they are a Gee Wiz Tim Taylor type of tub. They put out a lot of water and have a lot of blink. Lights, water and action. I then found out they were more money then some higher end tubs. I canceled order and went a looking. I really liked Arctic but had no local support. I almost bought a Sundance but ended up with a Jacuzzi.

Just like Toyota can't be a car for everyone neither is one brand or model right for everyone. Try some other brands and have some fun wet testing. Another tub I really liked was BullFrog, so good luck with your tub search.

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Tom

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 01:30:01 pm »
Sunrise or Coast....any input would be greatly appreciated!  ::)
I do know that Coast has been recognized for several years as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies.  

That is  an award that has to be earned (and is hard to get) -- no amount of advertising dollars involved!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 01:49:51 am »
Jacuzzi = Acura (Very good quality control (ISO certs) and well insulated, industry stand priced less than many other competitors INCLUDING it's own sister product line, SunDance)
Arctic = Cadillac (Pricey and bells and good insulation but also overpriced)
Coast = Hyundai (a bit better than a Kia but more bells and whistles, still poorly insulated)
Sunrise = Kia (dirt cheap and may not be well insulated. likely costing more in energy)
Phoenix Spas = Don't ask.  Might just as well build your own out of scraps you find in your garage.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:51:37 am by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 12:17:43 pm »

Jacuzzi = Acura (Very good quality control (ISO certs) and well insulated, industry stand priced less than many other competitors INCLUDING it's own sister product line, SunDance)
Arctic = Cadillac (Pricey and bells and good insulation but also overpriced)
Coast = Hyundai (a bit better than a Kia but more bells and whistles, still poorly insulated)
Sunrise = Kia (dirt cheap and may not be well insulated. likely costing more in energy)
Phoenix Spas = Don't ask.  Might just as well build your own out of scraps you find in your garage.

I am confused as to how you managed to put Jacuzzi above his top 3 choices, all week we went without hijacking this thread and not turning it into any other than his top three, then out of the blue you come in with your Jacuzzimercial! Jacuzzi wasn't one of his top 3 nor was he inquiring about Jacuzzi.
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 12:29:15 pm »
I am confused as to how you managed to put Jacuzzi above his top 3 choices, all week we went without hijacking this thread and not turning it into any other than his top three, then out of the blue you come in with your Jacuzzimercial! Jacuzzi wasn't one of his top 3 nor was he inquiring about Jacuzzi.

LOL, I was wondering the same thing. I'm never a fan when someone specifically asks about opinions on brands A, B and C and somehow brand X gets infused into the conversation. I know Bunka is a consumer who owns a Jacuzzi but as far as rating each, I gotta wonder if Arctic, Coast and Sunrise are even in his neck of the woods so he's at least seen them in person.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 12:40:13 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 12:29:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42