What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pool Spa Patio Expo  (Read 5082 times)

webboy

• hey bub
Pool Spa Patio Expo
« on: October 07, 2008, 05:01:56 pm »
Anybody going?
I will be in the Bullfrog Booth handing out literature, stop by and say hello so that I can put a face to name.

After the show we can hit Swell Tubs place and take a soak in his tub. :)

Hot Tub Forum

Pool Spa Patio Expo
« on: October 07, 2008, 05:01:56 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Pool Spa Patio Expo
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:58:01 pm »
  I have heard rumor a few of us may be going,  will stop by if we do!!  

Tailhooker

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 06:44:52 pm »

Where is it?

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 06:52:09 pm »
Where is it?

Vegas Baby!! ;)

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 06:54:49 pm »

Look forward to seeing you!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 07:04:59 pm »
Always there....funny, my partner may be spending time in the Bullfrog both as well.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 11:59:54 pm »
I'll be there.  I'm bringing a football to throw in the aisles.  I think the show will be as well-attended as this site has been busy.  I think it'll be a slow show - especially since all the big guys pulled out.  Pentair, Jandy and Hayward will all be no shows.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 11:44:51 am »
Always there....funny, my partner may be spending time in the Bullfrog both as well.

HAH! you finally admit it! I knew it! You heard it here first folks. The DR has a "partner". Only in Cali. J/K!

Remember what SPaTech says.... Anything goes...... ;D

BTW I can not go as someone has to stay and hold down the fort, this way I can take an entire week off in the near future and do something totally not work related. ;)
-SpaMan~

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 01:11:29 pm »
I'll be there.  I'm bringing a football to throw in the aisles.  I think the show will be as well-attended as this site has been busy.  I think it'll be a slow show - especially since all the big guys pulled out.  Pentair, Jandy and Hayward will all be no shows.

Most buyer  type people that visit this site do not go to the spa expo show, so the traffic here should have little to do with whether its busy or not. 2nd is most dealers don't care (least we don't) to go and look at what Hayward,Pentair and Jandy have to offer, that's more for the Manufacturers I know we don't buy anything from them nor have I ever looked at there stuff for the last 6 years or so.

We go more for the seminars which are always informative but boring, and to see whats new spa wise from the various manufacturers,while were not looking for a additional line we like to keep up with the competition,  ya never know what we may see  ;)

After re-reading this sounds like I am slamming you it was not my intention, it may very well indeed be a slow show, lets hope not!!  If I see a guy walking around with a football I will say hi to ya.  :)

Should add Vegas is always a hoot for a few days, maybe  we could all hook up for a cold one and discuss terms drawing of a no by-pass filtration system.   :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 02:10:51 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 01:41:04 pm »
This Joe Six Pack would like to put lipstick on my pitbull and go too.   Sorry, slapping myself for putting politics in here.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vanguard

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 02:12:40 pm »

Most normal Joe six pack type people that visit this site do not go to the spa expo show, so the traffic here should have little to do with whether its busy or not. 2nd is most dealers don't care (least we don't) to go and look at what Hayward,Pentair and Jandy have to offer, that's more for the Manufacturers I know we don't buy anything from them nor have I ever looked at there stuff for the last 6 years or so.

We go more for the seminars which are always informative but boring, and to see whats new spa wise from the various manufacturers,while were not looking for a additional line we like to keep up with the competition,  ya never know what we may see  ;)

After re-reading this sounds like I am slamming you it was not my intention, it may very well indeed be a slow show, lets hope not!!  If I see a guy walking around with a football I will say hi to ya.  :)

Should add Vegas is always a hoot for a few days, maybe  we could all hook up for a cold one and discuss terms drawing of a no by-pass filtration system.   :D

I do know that the consumers on this site don't go to the show.  I was merely commenting that this forum has seen very little traffic lately.  I expect the show to be the same way.  No, one has nothing to do with the other, it was merely a comparison.

Orlando was miserable last year and some of the big guys were there.  Most hot tub dealers also build pools in the rest of the country.  Since both categories are down dramatically, I doubt there will be much attendance.  The big guys do tend to pull in some attendees just because they will be there.  When some of the attendees find out the big guys won't be there, they will make the decision to not go.

I've been going to the show for years and I think, even though Aqua and the International show are now one show, the attendance will still be down.  I know I've talked numerous pool builders who also sell hot tubs and they are not going.  Many of them go religiously to the show.

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 02:14:36 pm »
This Joe Six Pack would like to put lipstick on my pitbull and go too.   Sorry, slapping myself for putting politics in here.

Changed it for ya, wouldn't want to create any more excitement around here!    I kid I kid.  8-)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 02:18:23 pm »

I do know that the consumers on this site don't go to the show.  I was merely commenting that this forum has seen very little traffic lately.  I expect the show to be the same way.  No, one has nothing to do with the other, it was merely a comparison.

Orlando was miserable last year and some of the big guys were there.  Most hot tub dealers also build pools in the rest of the country.  Since both categories are down dramatically, I doubt there will be much attendance.  The big guys do tend to pull in some attendees just because they will be there.  When some of the attendees find out the big guys won't be there, they will make the decision to not go.

I've been going to the show for years and I think, even though Aqua and the International show are now one show, the attendance will still be down.  I know I've talked numerous pool builders who also sell hot tubs and they are not going.  Many of them go religiously to the show.

I stand corrected, since we don't build pools I never gave that part of the industry any thought!!!  Sorry  :'(

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 10:54:18 pm »
I will be manning the CAL SPAS booth!  :o

He He Ha Ha!

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 12:11:37 pm »
Oh yeah, they call me Clay in the real word. My badge won't say webboy, even though that's what I do.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 12:11:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42