What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Marquis flagship model  (Read 3760 times)

MarKee

New Marquis flagship model
« on: October 10, 2008, 10:02:18 pm »

New 3 pump 480GPM 82 jet Marquis spa available with a TV or ice chest.  Having seen it in person, it's a very impressive spa.  Available in early November.  

Hot Tub Forum

New Marquis flagship model
« on: October 10, 2008, 10:02:18 pm »

Vanguard

Re: New Marquis flagship model
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 01:13:34 am »
Will Marquis be showing in Las Vegas?
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 09:31:29 am »
Will it replace the Epic? Or is it a new version of the Epic?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 01:47:26 pm »
 I would rather have the ice chest more than the TV, do you know what warranty will be on the TV most are not worth the price of the TV add on??   Never been a huge fan of TVs in a hot tub, now if I won mega millions I might consider it!  ;D

Also does the house come with it??

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »
Vanguard: Yes, we will have a booth in Vegas

Boni:  No it doesn't replace the Epic, it's a completely different layout.  I'm guessing that the Epic will still be the #1 model.

Jim:  the ice chest seems more practical to me too, but some people want TVs in spas.  I'm not positive, but I think the warranty is 1 yr on the TV.  The house is optional :)

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 02:54:26 pm »

We are getting close.

One question COST?

Price points have been key in our survival as of late.

If it is over $9500.00 it will be tough in this market.

I am guessing we have to sell it @ $11,900?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 02:55:24 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 03:53:48 pm »
Well...let's think about this.  Most dealers retail the Epic for over $10,000.  The Epic has 25 fewer jets, 1 less pump, and doesn't have a TV.  How could this spa possibly retail for $9,500 or even $11,900.  They've displayed some prototypes at the Puyallup fair and some other homeshows and sold several of them for $16,000+.

spaman--

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 04:23:29 pm »
Wow! in a down economy, when high end spas are only selling to builders (which are far and few between) we come out with a high end spa that costs more than the Cal Spa cn63 equipped with t.v, more than an Amore Bay, higher than the price of a Jacuzzi 480 with after market t.v. Yet it is smaller, seats less and has a filter cover that eliminates vortex when someone sits in it. I am confused! I like Marquis, I just have to question the timing of this. We survived the winter by having a high end spa on the floor, we would have done 3 times as much business had we been able to make price points and match competitors feature for feature. The reason I was so excited D1 was leaving our show room floor is because they are sooo expensive. There is a time to switch it up and go for volume and quit hoping for one rich customer to hit your floor.

But hey I am game, "coach put me in"!
-SpaMan~

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 05:45:39 pm »
I think every market is different.  From what we experience at the store I work at, we sell a lot of high end, and a lot of low end, not as much in between.  I think The Show will retail for 11-12k in the Signature package without the TV/stereo.    

As far as the rest of the line, I think you will see some things that you like.  More attractive jetting, controls, and headrests.  Added lighting & waterfall features.  More HK40s in the Reward & Euphoria and  I THINK they are adding Tri-Zone valves to most of the models.  It should be a good year.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 06:30:31 pm »
 For a spa with a TV I must say I really like the seating configuration!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 07:23:35 pm »
For a spa with a TV I must say I really like the seating configuration!!

I understand TVs in brands like Master where they sell on flash and don't care if the TV is troublesome after the warranty or Cal since they have so many offerings they might as well have a TV model but I wasn't expecting a TV from Marquis. I guess it'll show good on the floor and the dealer could sell it more toward the cooler version for those who don't specifically want a TV.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spaman--

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 07:38:49 pm »

I understand TVs in brands like Master where they sell on flash and don't care if the TV is troublesome after the warranty or Cal since they have so many offerings they might as well have a TV model but I wasn't expecting a TV from Marquis. I guess it'll show good on the floor and the dealer could sell it more toward the cooler version for those who don't specifically want a TV.

notice every spa out there that boasts a t.v, says just that "it has a pop up t.v" It does not say Look a 20" LG flat screen water proof t.v.

I have never seen a t.v on a spa that has longer than a year warranty. If there is really little risk it will break, then slap a name brand t.v in there and make it all part of the 5 year warranty. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

I am not a fan of t.v, but without a t.v you really just have a very comfortable over priced 3 person spa. The dual lounge and one corner seat are comfortable, but the two side seats leave only room for people with no legs. I personally don't plan on having more than one no legged person in my spa at any given time. Just a thought!

I do like the 3 pump idea on a Marquis, just not a dual lounge.
-SpaMan~

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 08:36:47 pm »
I think it looks kinda cool however, I do find it strange that when I posted that we were a cal spa dealer my Marquis rep got very angry with me and said it was unfair for him to find out through this forum. I agreed….

However….

Don't you think it's even worse for Marquis to post this without sending the specs and pictures to the dealers across the country first?

I think someone at Marquis should be reprimanded and have some reins put on them for putting this out before sharing it with their entire dealer community!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 02:35:23 pm »
I think it looks kinda cool however, I do find it strange that when I posted that we were a cal spa dealer my Marquis rep got very angry with me and said it was unfair for him to find out through this forum. I agreed….

However….

Don't you think it's even worse for Marquis to post this without sending the specs and pictures to the dealers across the country first?

I think someone at Marquis should be reprimanded and have some reins put on them for putting this out before sharing it with their entire dealer community!

I don't think it really affects anything tangibly but if I were a Marquis dealer or a Marquis rep I might scratch my head a bit if internet spa shoppers or other spa brand dealers that frequent this site found out before I did.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 02:36:09 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 02:35:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42