What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: No bromine reading  (Read 3183 times)

cajun1

No bromine reading
« on: October 11, 2008, 09:47:25 am »
Okay, I opened the lid on my spa after not having checked it for a few days and the water was starting to get cloudy.  I have an Epic (in-line bromine/mineral system).  Sure enough, there was no bromine reading.   So I called another Marquis spa dealer (since mine stopped selling hot tubs) to find out what I should do since I usually change the cartridge before it runs out.  They told me to just put another cartridge and shock.  That's what I did and it's been about 4 days now and I still get no bromine reading, even though I had the bromine cartridge at 3 and then moved up to 5 (which I usually only keep it at 2).  So I don't know what's going on.  Can anyone help?
Oh, and we just dumped about 2 months ago.
Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

No bromine reading
« on: October 11, 2008, 09:47:25 am »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: No bromine reading
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 11:08:36 am »
Make sure your new cartridge is dissolving, if it is something(bather waste, risdual soap ect) may be chewing up the bromine. My suggestion would be to pull and clean your filters well and shock again. Shocking re-establishes used bromine, so after shocking you should get a reading. If you do and it does not keep a reading for 24 hours, shock again.

If you still do not have a reading, bring a sample to your dealer and have it checked. Something may have gone wrong with the test strips.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

cajun1

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 12:03:06 pm »
Thanks for the response...I'll try it.
I use a Taylor kit and test strips and both say no bromine; also, my "dealer" is gone:(

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 01:43:55 pm »
You could if you have them crush up a couple of tablets and throw them in to bring your reserve up a bit, small amount of chlorine would work also.  Just a thought.

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 02:22:29 pm »
How often are you using it?  If the level got really low, you might have built up a high bromine/chlorine demand and the cartridges are not able to put enough in to the water because they are designed to be a slow release.  I would reccomend getting some bromine concentrate and getting the level back up to where it should be, and then the cartridge should be able to maintain it.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 02:22:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42