What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Water Change - Recommendations?  (Read 2990 times)

chelseapaws

First Water Change - Recommendations?
« on: October 01, 2008, 09:48:47 am »
Jacuzzi-480

Preparing for my first water change after 3+ months.  Chems have been in check (N2, Dichlor & MPS) and no notable foaming, just figured it was time to "freshen" it up.  

So, is it as simple as draining & refilling?  While the tub's empty, do you recommend wiping/scrubbing it out?  I've read posts regarding soaking the filter for 24 hours in some solution?  I've heard of folks waxing the tub near the water line?  (We have a smooth, marble finish...)

Your suggestions are always appreciated!

Regards,
Kevin

Hot Tub Forum

First Water Change - Recommendations?
« on: October 01, 2008, 09:48:47 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: First Water Change - Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 11:46:48 am »
While the tub's empty, do you recommend wiping/scrubbing it out?  Regards,
Kevin

I do that once a year, in the summer.  Since you made it 3 months, you must have things under control. I probably would just refill.  While its empty, run  your hand on the surface, is it slimy, or does it seem squeeky clean?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 03:15:57 pm »
Everytime I change wanter, I wipe the tub down with clean paper towels.  For stubborn spots, I use the magic eraser.  The tub looks brand new when I'm done.

Wet in ChiTown

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 11:56:42 pm »
wmccall, would you recommend using a Spa System Flush every water change? or only if there are water issues?

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 11:59:31 am »
I have a J-470 and draining and filling is very simple. Hook up hose to corner connection. You twist it counter-clockwise and then pull it out. Don't forget to pull the connection out or your drain will take a long time. I use the water to water my trees. I don't put in any chemicals the day before so it is safe for the trees to drink. When filling it back up I put the hose in the polishing bag until half full then I move it over to the filter compartment. This prevents air pockets from forming in the lines. After fill I usually need to put in dry acid to bring the PH down.

Good Luck,
Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 11:59:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42