What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I wish I used my tub more...  (Read 9401 times)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: I wish I used my tub more...
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 01:18:58 am »

Just not really asking a question as much as I am just commenting.  more I am frustrated... I was about to go in last night looked at the clock it was 10:50.   Decided I want my sleep more than 30 minute soak,

Going to bed before 11pm?  I don't think either me nor my wife have been to bed before midnight in 5 years...  Yes, it IS 1:18am where I am at while I write this.  I guess it's time for a dip...LOL!

PS - My Home Theater "hobby" has taken me away from my tub as well as other things for the past month or so.  Well, it's either that or the USTA tennis league I am a captain of or the Golf tournaments or the 12 year olds guitar or the 5 year olds...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:20:26 am by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 01:18:58 am »

gwstudios

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 02:10:51 am »
Do you have a dedicated home theater with a projector and screen?

ndabunka

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 02:01:05 am »
Do you have a dedicated home theater with a projector and screen?

You could say that.  I redesigned the top floor on this home when we built it 6 years ago.  I have a 19Lx14.5Wx9H room that does have a ceiling mounted DLP projector and a drop down 8x6 foot screen (that can also be adjusted to accommodate wide screen presentations as well as 9 speakers (7 relatively high-end in-wall speakers and 2 honking 15-inch, 240watt subs for 109dB of seat-rattling power).  I used some of the highest-quality in-walls (at that time) because this "Bonus" room also serves as my children's playroom as well.

I also have two other 5.1 HT systems (one in my 15x15 Home Office and one in the Family room).  These two 5.1 systems use B&W Signature Sevens and in-ceiling CCW65's for the surrounds and have either a 42" Plasma (Living) or 37" 1080p LCD (Office) http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=769

All this is controlled by Cinemar software.  Take a look at this site and you can see some of the pretty cool things you can do with it (like catalog and select DVD's, touch screen controls for lighting and HT automation as well as Weather, XM Radio and other features....http://www.cinemarsolutions.com

I also have a Whole House Audio system that resides in the component rack that is built into the wall of the bonus room which services 8 separate zones (16 speakers) throughout the home (Speakers under deck in rear, garage, rock speakers out front + all bedrooms & Dining & Kitchen).

PS - If anyone is looking for me you can usually find me either on one of the audio-video forums like http://www.avsforum.com under this same name.

With "Studios" in your name are you also into the HT scene?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 11:31:01 pm by ndabunka »

starsky

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 08:27:54 pm »
So far since I got my hot tub I missed a couple days when I was out of town. Its getting a little cooler at night here in Texas and so the pool water is down to 79 degrees. What I LOVE to do is sit in the hot tub, get all warm, then when I feel like cooling down... dive in the pool... good times! I have mixed emotions about winter because I love my pool so much but hey, I can wait it out in the hot tub till April.  

gwstudios

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 09:23:05 pm »

You could say that.  I redesigned the top floor on this home when we built it 6 years ago.  I have a 19Lx14.5Wx9H room that does have a ceiling mounted DLP projector and a drop down 8x6 foot screen (that can also be adjusted to accommodate wide screen presentations as well as 9 speakers (7 relatively high-end in-wall speakers and 2 honking 15-inch, 240watt subs for 109dB of seat-rattling power).  I used some of the highest-quality in-walls (at that time) because this "Bonus" room also serves as my children's playroom as well.

I also have two other 5.1 HT systems (one in my 15x15 Home Office and one in the Family room).  These two 5.1 systems use B&W Signature Sevens and in-ceiling CCW65's for the surrounds and have either a 42" Plasma (Living) or 37" 1080p LCD (Office) http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=769

All this is controlled by Cinemar software.  Take a look at this site and you can see some of the pretty cool things you can do with it (like catalog and select DVD's, touch screen controls for lighting and HT automation as well as Weather, XM Radio and other features....http://www.cinemarsolutions.com

I also have a Whole House Audio system that resides in the component rack that is built into the wall of the bonus room which services 8 separate zones (16 speakers) throughout the home (Speakers under deck in rear, garage, rock speakers out front + all bedrooms & Dining & Kitchen).

PS - If anyone is looking for me you can usually find me either on one of the audio-video forums like http://www.avsforum.com under this same name.

With "Studios" in your name are you also into the HT scene?

Actually, I'm in the home automation scene but I also have a dedicated home theater and I am a huge movie fan. I collect quite a bit of movie memorabelia and buy movies pretty much every week. Iron Man is due out in a couple of days and the Godfather trilogy in HD just arrived.

My theater consists of an InFocus 5700 DLP and a 103" Vutec screen with 7.1 @ 110 per channel and a pair of Paradigm 12" subs. We have two girls and one is only six, so I don't quite get to crank it up to wall shaking levels when it's family movie night but we have a lot of family parties.

Playing XBOX or the PS3 in the theater is a completely different experience. We have a Rock Band night every now and then and we set it up on the 103". If you have a Blu Ray player and get a chance to check out Speed Racer, it is one of the most visually breathtaking movies you will ever see. The funny part is, it's actually a good movie.

I have an AVS Forum account but I haven't been on there in quite a while. I create pre-made touch panel templates for AMX, Crestron, RTI, Philips, URC and Stardraw and I also work as a subcontractor creating custom touch panel designs exclusively for a south Florida company.

I checked out Cinemar's website, it looks like pretty nice control software.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 10:22:06 pm »

Going to bed before 11pm?  I don't think either me nor my wife have been to bed before midnight in 5 years...  Yes, it IS 1:18am where I am at while I write this.  I guess it's time for a dip...LOL!

PS - My Home Theater "hobby" has taken me away from my tub as well as other things for the past month or so.  Well, it's either that or the USTA tennis league I am a captain of or the Golf tournaments or the 12 year olds guitar or the 5 year olds...

ndabunka, just curious what time you have to get up to go to work?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 10:44:01 pm »
I don't think either me nor my wife have been to bed before midnight in 5 years...  
Yes, it IS 1:18am where I am at while I write this

whoa....are you retired?

i have to get up everyday at 5:15AM to be at work @ 7AM

ndabunka

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 03:01:42 pm »
I don't think either me nor my wife have been to bed before midnight in 5 years...  
Yes, it IS 1:18am where I am at while I write this

whoa....are you retired?

i have to get up everyday at 5:15AM to be at work @ 7AM

I work from a home office.  I live on the east coast and am at my desk (most) mornings by 9am.  Of course, this literally means that I can roll out of bed @ 8:55am.  The other great thing about working from home is that the rising price of fuel has no effect on my commute.

PS - I do (at times) work from client's sites.  Last year I worked in Dallas Tx about 12 weeks out of th year (mostly in a continuous fashion).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 03:01:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42