What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What to do with an old Hot tub cover?  (Read 17826 times)

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: What to do with an old Hot tub cover?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 01:38:26 pm »
I would get yours dried out and try to reseal the inner plastic to get some more life out of the cover. When it dries is it light weight again?
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 01:38:26 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 02:35:50 pm »
Because the water has soaked into the foam. Foam starts to break down.

[size=18]??????[/size]
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 06:12:32 pm »

[size=18]??????[/size]

By the way, its nice to have a cover 1/4th the weight of the old one.  I'll wait till this weekend when I get the lock latches relocated and the cover lifter on it and post a picture.  I am impressed by the hinge stitching.  Other than that I've been so busy, but we have gotten out there every night after dark.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 06:28:10 pm »
I would get yours dried out and try to reseal the inner plastic to get some more life out of the cover. When it dries is it light weight again?

Yep, light as it has ever been...

My details were an adjunct to the original posters comments.  Not to hijack this thread but I do plan on resealing mine and would be interested in any recommendations as to how to go about it like...

"just use saran wrap and tape it to the plastic that is still in tact" or "remove all existing plastic and  
   re-wrap this with all new saran wrap"
or  may even something like
   "pick up .015ml thickness plastic that you would normally use for painting and use it to recover the
   foam"  .  I do have about 50 square feet of this stuff so that would be my best option but also
   might be too heavy (or thick) to get the foam back into the vinyl cover?  That sucker is already pretty darn tight.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 06:37:46 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 06:28:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42