What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Texans  (Read 8699 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Texans
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 06:09:38 am »
Here in Northern Minnesota we say...

"if you choose to live in the path of the hurricane you better learn how to build your house to withstand it!!
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 06:09:38 am »

zroger73

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 07:38:24 am »
Kilgore, Texas = Skeeter Boats!

Yup! Their facility is within walking distance from my home. One of my friends worked there as a seamster up until last year.
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 02:57:38 pm »
Thanks Jim!

We should be fine here in Dallas, although they are predicting tomorrow heavy rain & wind gusts up to 55mph.

I hope it calms down tomorrow night because I am supposed to go to an Eagles concert.

The Eagles cancelled their Houston concert last night.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.....it may be "One of These Nights".

Zep, my son is in Euless, for 3 months, and said we got it worse than you all did!

The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Vanguard

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 10:58:29 am »

Zep, my son is in Euless, for 3 months, and said we got it worse than you all did!

Dallas wasn't even in the path of the storm.  They were well on the west, or clean, side of the storm.  

I know you weren't saying this, but you didn't get it worse than Houston and southeast Texas.  Many of those near the Texas Louisiana border got hit with Rita three years ago and then got slammed by Ike.

The national media are not reporting much about what happened here.  As of today, there are still over 1,000,000 people without power.  Many of those are slated for AFTER Thursday the 25th.  They don't even have a between the 25th and another date, they just have after the 25th.

We have a lot of people here who don't have clean water yet.  We still have trees hanging on power lines over streets that the power company just hasn't gotten to yet.   Because most people aren't complaining about why the Federal Government isn't doing more and we don't have a bunch of people who won't take care of themselves, the media has pretty much decided "no story."

I know other places got it bad, too, but this storm wreaked havoc down here.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 11:43:28 am »

This is the pic that amazed me....

:'(Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 12:44:10 pm »
So I have a question after seeing this;

Often home owners insurance doesn't cover flood damage....What happens if the house catches fire and burns down as a result of the flood, would that be covered?

In Canada eh

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 01:33:42 pm »

The national media are not reporting much about what happened here.  As of today, there are still over 1,000,000 people without power.  Many of those are slated for AFTER Thursday the 25th.  They don't even have a between the 25th and another date, they just have after the 25th.

We have a lot of people here who don't have clean water yet.  We still have trees hanging on power lines over streets that the power company just hasn't gotten to yet.   Because most people aren't complaining about why the Federal Government isn't doing more and we don't have a bunch of people who won't take care of themselves, the media has pretty much decided "no story."

There was 2 line crews, two bucket trucks and cable truck that left from our town here on Thursday heading for Texas to help out.  So even tough the national media hasn't made much of the story, the news still circulates through the utilities, power and light and water distribution employees from all over North America.

If you see a couple of trucks with a "Enwin" sign on the side say Hello Eh!
Bullfrog 451

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 02:13:09 pm »
So I have a question after seeing this;

Often home owners insurance doesn't cover flood damage....What happens if the house catches fire and burns down as a result of the flood, would that be covered?

I believe so.  We had that here in Cedar Rapids, where someone's house was burned down after it was damaged by the flood.  Pretty sure that it would have to be covered since fire damage isn't repairable.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 09:21:19 pm »

There was 2 line crews, two bucket trucks and cable truck that left from our town here on Thursday heading for Texas to help out.  So even tough the national media hasn't made much of the story, the news still circulates through the utilities, power and light and water distribution employees from all over North America.

So with the exchange rate do those bucket trucks lift farther when they come here?  ;)

In Canada eh

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 08:15:42 am »
So with the exchange rate do those bucket trucks lift farther when they come here?  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

They get about 3% better gas mileage also ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 08:16:11 am by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 09:55:23 am »
[glow]I know you weren't saying this, but you didn't get it worse than Houston and southeast Texas.  Many of those near the Texas Louisiana border got hit with Rita three years ago and then got slammed by Ike.[/glow]

You are right, Vanguard.  I am counting my blessings, even being South of Pittsburgh.  Just saying I was worried about my son, and I know you know that.  Anyway, I do hope and wish for things to get better and quickly.

Chris O--interesting and frightening pictures.  Those caskets all askew are rather disturbing, though the houses even more askew off their foundations are even more disturbing.  The one ablaze was on the news and the Internet.  

I can't even imagine what it is like down there.  Heck, some areas STILL don't have power up here, and we didn't even have the floodwaters to contend with.

God Bless you all.
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 06:57:48 pm »
Good to see yer still kickin' Term!   :)

How was the fair?
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 09:47:50 pm »
"There was 2 line crews, two bucket trucks and cable truck that left
from our town here on Thursday heading for Texas to help out"

Hey all Texans appreciate the help!

Vanguard

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 11:44:11 am »

Hopefully they'll come to my neighborhood.  I'd love to have power again.  There are line crews here from all over the country.  I honk and wave at them to let them know I appreciate what they're doing.

I read in the paper that the power companies will start charging more so they can recoup the costs of the repairs.  That doesn't sit well with me.  If they had built things to withstand hurricanes to begin with, they wouldn't have had over 2 million people without power.  I know its impossible to plan for every occurrence, but they should be building these things to withstand storms.  Homebuilders are required to do it, why shouldn't power companies?
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 12:31:15 pm »
Good to see yer still kickin' Term!   :)

How was the fair?

Thank you...glad to still be kickin'!

The fair was good until Saturday when they just went ahead and closed it down as the storm passed through.

I ate a lot of roasted corn with butter, Parmesan cheese, red pepper, Cajun seasoning, Tobasco sauce, lemon juice but could not bring myself to add mayonnaise to the mix.

The buxomish Fried Twinkie lady from the AlleyFest was there!  She kept me supplied with Twinkies as well as making some larrupin' Philly cheesesteak samwiches with Cajun seasoning that were terrifical.

The K-9 unit was selling tacos for $1 apiece...it DID occur to me that after good ol' Rover was put to pasture that he might possibly have ended up on the menu, but the tacos were tasty, so it don't really matter.

I was extremely disappointed that there was no Blue Bell Ice Cream anywhere at the fair.  That is just plain un-American.

Term
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:31:54 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 12:31:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42