Texans
« on: September 12, 2008, 01:31:34 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Texans
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 02:33:22 pm »
Thank you, Jim.  We're all just sitting here waiting for the guberment to come and take care of us...... :P.

We are about 5 hours inland, but they are forecasting the eye to pass right through Tyler/Longview about mid-day tomorrow.  We'll supposedly see some sustained 70mph wind, heavy rain, and ternadoes.  I'll be out at the fair (should be really interesting watching all the tents and carnies caught up in the whirlwind).

I just plan on treating it the same way as when Little Tyke Spas used to come to town: a lot of wind blowin' bullshit around and makin' a mess.

You can watch the storm live here:

http://easttexasspa.dyndns.org/index.asp

Login: guest
Password: hotspring

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 02:40:21 pm »
You could have made a fortune and saved many a spa, had you gone around in an icecream truck sellin wind straps. ::)
-SpaMan~

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 02:48:14 pm »
You could have made a fortune and saved many a spa, had you gone around in an icecream truck sellin wind straps. ::)

I hope to make a bigger fortune replacing lesser spas AFTER the storm. ;)

There's little need to worry about MY current customers:

:D

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 04:13:24 pm »
That video reminds me of videos they release of hostages, where the hostage is forced to say they are being treated well dispite black eyes and broken bones. LOL I can imagine Term standing off camera with his assault rifle. ;D

That is pretty impressive though. The video I mean.
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 05:11:54 pm »
Thank you, Jim.  We're all just sitting here waiting for the guberment to come and take care of us...... :P.

Good luck!!!

Let’s hope you don’t get any looters at your store (I mean let's hope a looter isn't stupid enough to get within scope range of your store)!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 05:25:03 pm »
That video reminds me of videos they release of hostages, where the hostage is forced to say they are being treated well dispite black eyes and broken bones. LOL I can imagine Term standing off camera with his assault rifle. ;D

That is pretty impressive though. The video I mean.

That made me chuckle and even pee in my shoe a tad! ;D

Good luck!!!

Let’s hope you don’t get any looters at your store (I mean let's hope a looter isn't stupid enough to get within scope range of your store)!

I've got tripwires, claymores, punji pits, and fire ant beds all around the perimeter, so everything should be OK until I get back.

I'm headed off to the fair (where most of the looters will probably be anyways).

Ya'll take care and be soft-handed to one another.

Term

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 09:27:47 pm »
Thanks Jim!

We should be fine here in Dallas, although they are predicting tomorrow heavy rain & wind gusts up to 55mph.

I hope it calms down tomorrow night because I am supposed to go to an Eagles concert.

The Eagles cancelled their Houston concert last night.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.....it may be "One of These Nights".

shortspark

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 08:37:06 pm »
Being just north of Tyler, it looked like the storm would come right over me.  It did get a little rough for awhile but we dodged the bullet.  Some wind damage but not too bad and plenty of rain.  The power went out for a few hours but that was about it and it left pretty fast.  All in all not bad at all.

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 10:38:39 am »
Fox news reported this weekend, how impressed they were that people in Houston were clearing their own streets and culverts, and not waiting for anybody to come help.  (They emphasized not to do this if power lines were down.)  But hats off to those Texans...that's the way it should be!  Don't sit back waiting for a handout...get yourself busy!  

96SC

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 10:48:13 am »
This is sort of off the subject but I'll move on anyhow.
I read in the news today that gas had gone up 5 cents because of Ike, around here it has gone up 70 cents since Thursday.  I had heard the south had gotten the worst of the price increases/gouging.

How have the prices done where you live?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:49:11 am by 96SC »
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 11:10:50 am »
Fox news reported this weekend, how impressed they were that people in Houston were clearing their own streets and culverts, and not waiting for anybody to come help.  (They emphasized not to do this if power lines were down.)  But hats off to those Texans...that's the way it should be!  Don't sit back waiting for a handout...get yourself busy!  
That's the history of Texas...remember the Alamo?

Both my wife's family and mine where Texas pioneers and they where tough and resilliant people. Her great, great uncle was Charles Goodnight....google him sometime.

I think you will see Texans coming out of this better than most states (or as term is thinking right now...countries!!).

zroger73

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 05:52:36 pm »
Just some moderate wind gusts and 2" of rain here in Kilgore, Texas from Ike on Saturday. I didn't do my daily chlorine dose and the power went out for about 12 hours. If my HS Sovereign lost any heat at all, it may have been a degree or two. However, the water was a little bit cloudy after sitting there idle for a while. I shocked it yesterday and today it's clear again. I'm still on my original fill after purchasing it new just over 3 months ago.
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

Vanguard

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 10:45:13 pm »
From the epicenter of the storm...

Ike hit here in Houston with a vengeance.  Wow!  We have been without power since 1am Saturday and don't look to get it back for about 2 weeks.  We have trees down on houses, cars, power lines, blocking streets, etc.  This was a nasty storm.

From what I understand, the storm came in and kind of stopped.  We had hurricane force winds for over six hours.

Things are already getting better.  More and more gas stations are getting gas so the lines aren't quite as long.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, we'll be close to back to normal.

Pray for the folks on the coast that were devastated.  They need our prayers right now.

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 08:40:47 am »
Kilgore, Texas = Skeeter Boats!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 08:40:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42