What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator Longevity  (Read 2857 times)

jimmyb

Ozonator Longevity
« on: September 22, 2008, 07:23:18 pm »
We Purchased a HS Vista in May of 2008...  I believe the ozonator it came with is called the FreshWaterŽ III Corona Discharge ozone system...  I noticed this evening that there are alot less bubbles being discharged than there was when the tub was new.

Is this normal?
How long should this system last?

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator Longevity
« on: September 22, 2008, 07:23:18 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Ozonator Longevity
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 11:48:09 am »
We Purchased a HS Vista in May of 2008...  I believe the ozonator it came with is called the FreshWaterŽ III Corona Discharge ozone system...  I noticed this evening that there are alot less bubbles being discharged than there was when the tub was new.

Is this normal?
How long should this system last?
Probably related to circulation.  Have you cleaned your filters?  Your owner's manual also has instructions how to clean your injector, but you should not have to do that yet.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

jimmyb

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:41:58 pm »
Spray cleaned the filters about a month ago, they weren't very dirty as I've cleaned them and refilled approx every month.  When the pool needs water I pump the hot tub into the pool and fill the tub, rather than adding the fresh water to the pool.  Any thing else I should do beyond cleaning the injector?

benalexe

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 09:39:32 pm »
I had the same problem. IT was not the ozonator but the pipe that carries the ozone. I had service call and they re-routed the pipe and shortened it. Now I have plenty of bubbles.

But I could be wrong but even if the ozonator was not working, you would still get bubbles if there were no other problems.

jimmyb

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:54:48 pm »
I removed the filters and there doesn't seem to be any increase in the bubbles, so this should eliminate dirty filters as the cause.  Of coarse I'm soaking in it tonite listening to the Flames play the Panthers, Hockeys Back!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:54:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42