What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Brand of Chemicals?  (Read 2436 times)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Best Brand of Chemicals?
« on: September 21, 2008, 12:23:35 pm »
I use my tub each morning. I have ozone and a N2 cartridge. After each soak I throw in a capful of chlorine (Chlor Brite). Each Saturday I throw in a capful of shock (Fresh & Clear). I have been using Leslie's chemicals. It is time to purchase chemicals again. I drain my tub every 60 days just because I like fresh clean water. I clean and rotate filters and polishing bags every 30 days.

So my question is what is the best brand and where is the best place to purchase chemicals? I know there have been several discussions on this and maybe it is a Ford vs. Chevy discussion. My test strips seem to show everything is alright so maybe Leslie's is just fine. I have been looking on the internet and there are several brands.

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

Best Brand of Chemicals?
« on: September 21, 2008, 12:23:35 pm »

spahottie1

Re: Best Brand of Chemicals?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 03:13:33 pm »
Swell,
After using many different brands of chemicals, (IMO) I have  found SpaGuard to be top of the line in chlorine and shock.  But I am sure there are many out there that I have not used that will perform just as well.
GO BLUE!                                                                       &

zroger73

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 05:08:05 pm »
I'll second the motion for SpaGuard. That is the brand that my local Hot Spring dealer seems to carry the most of and I've not had any problems using them. When I first started out, I wanted a full line of "genuine" Hot Spring chemicals, but I felt the huge price savings of the SpaGuard dichlor was a better buy.
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 11:03:49 pm »
I'll 3rd that! Great line for spas and Bioguard is one of the best for pools.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 01:09:46 am »
3 for 3. I ordered some SpaGuard.

Thanks,
Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 01:09:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42