What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Hot Tub for Naked Winter in New York?  (Read 3731 times)

Spencer

Best Hot Tub for Naked Winter in New York?
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:44:52 am »
Hello all, I'm new to this forum,
I acctualy dont belong to any forums except this one, so I hope some people can help me
make a decision based on their choices/

I am considering buying my first Hot Tub.  My 2 main concerns are what brand will
be best in cold weather outdoors and what Tub is the least work, changing chemical/filter wise.

I am equal distance from 3 Dealers - 1. Hot Spring, 2. Sundance, 3. Jacuzzi
I am aware that the Hot Spring dealer had many different brands.

I am not the type of person that is hands-on and technical. I need a tub that sits 6
that can do winters well, and is easy to deal with chemicals.  

Price is not an issue.  Just longevity and cold weather #1 issue.

PS:  How many naked people can fit in a 6 person hot tub.  Ask me in a few months and I'll give you the most accurate answer known to date.

Hot Tub Forum

Best Hot Tub for Naked Winter in New York?
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:44:52 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Best Hot Tub for Naked Winter in New York?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 12:11:43 pm »
First of all, welcome to the forum.  Despite the name of our forum, "Whats the best" is open for heated debate. However, the three brands in your neighborhood are all excelllent. Visit them all, multiple times if neccesary and see what you think.  The Hot springs people might chime in to tell you about their chemical delivery system, which I haven't experienced, but could be a good thing.

Don't overworry the chemical part of it. I'm a pretty don't do it yourselfer and after a short period, I find the tub easy to maintain.   Be prepared for a lot of good opinions, and please come back and let us know how it works out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Josh

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 01:24:13 pm »
Welcome to the forums.
I joined up here last year to get some help finding the best hot tub.  The number one piece of advice you should listen to on these boards is this:

Wet Test.

Go to the store and actually try out the tubs you are thinking of buying. It's the best way to find out what you'll like the best.  I read all sorts of reviews online of all the brands I was thinking of buying, heard from a bunch of owners and dealers on this forum, but the wet testing was what made the difference in the end. I tried all the brands people recommended and then picked the one that felt the best to me. I went with a top of the line LA Spas stub and I love it.

As far as the brands you're looking at, I did wet test all three and I think you've got a good line-up there. I loved the Sundance Cameo, it ended up in my top few tubs. It was really comfy, had a lounge and had a great seat configuration for parties. It also wasn't too pricey.  The Jacuzzi J-470 was another one I really liked, but it was the most pricey tub I looked at.  It doesn't have a lounge, it's just basically one of those big circles, which is AWESOME for parties.  I also tested 3 or 4 Hot Springs tubs, and they weren't my favorites...but there are plenty of retailers here who said they were one of the best brands out there. They also had an awesome iPod hookup thing that I liked better than the competition's offerings.

Overall...if you try it out before you buy it, you will NOT be sorry.

Tailhooker

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 07:33:19 pm »
Welcome to the forums.
I joined up here last year to get some help finding the best hot tub.  The number one piece of advice you should listen to on these boards is this:

Wet Test.

Go to the store and actually try out the tubs you are thinking of buying. It's the best way to find out what you'll like the best.  I read all sorts of reviews online of all the brands I was thinking of buying, heard from a bunch of owners and dealers on this forum, but the wet testing was what made the difference in the end. I tried all the brands people recommended and then picked the one that felt the best to me. I went with a top of the line LA Spas stub and I love it.

As far as the brands you're looking at, I did wet test all three and I think you've got a good line-up there. I loved the Sundance Cameo, it ended up in my top few tubs. It was really comfy, had a lounge and had a great seat configuration for parties. It also wasn't too pricey.  The Jacuzzi J-470 was another one I really liked, but it was the most pricey tub I looked at.  It doesn't have a lounge, it's just basically one of those big circles, which is AWESOME for parties.  I also tested 3 or 4 Hot Springs tubs, and they weren't my favorites...but there are plenty of retailers here who said they were one of the best brands out there. They also had an awesome iPod hookup thing that I liked better than the competition's offerings.

Overall...if you try it out before you buy it, you will NOT be sorry.
Josh is right, I went in to the process with the Sundance being my favorite and after the wet test I went with the Hot Spring.  I really wanted to try the Jacuzzi, but the dealer went out of business.  Dealer support is important too! :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 07:53:25 pm »
I am considering buying my first Hot Tub.  My 2 main concerns are what brand will
be best in cold weather outdoors and what Tub is the least work, changing chemical/filter wise.

I am equal distance from 3 Dealers - 1. Hot Spring, 2. Sundance, 3. Jacuzzi
I am aware that the Hot Spring dealer had many different brands.

I am not the type of person that is hands-on and technical. I need a tub that sits 6
that can do winters well, and is easy to deal with chemicals.  

Price is not an issue.  Just longevity and cold weather #1 issue.

PS:  How many naked people can fit in a 6 person hot tub.  Ask me in a few months and I'll give you the most accurate answer known to date.

Those 3 are good brands and will insulate well. Don't worry about whether you're technical or not. Make the decision based on which dealer seems good to work with and a wet test to see which feels best. Then get the one that seems right for you.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:53:39 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 07:53:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42