What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying Used vs. New  (Read 7758 times)

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
Re: Buying Used vs. New
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 03:37:21 pm »
Speaking of pictures Renee... that is a cute Holiday Family Picture!  Only thing missing is the snowman.... or did he melt in the tub?? lol

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 03:37:21 pm »

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 03:59:16 pm »
Speaking of pictures Renee... that is a cute Holiday Family Picture!  Only thing missing is the snowman.... or did he melt in the tub?? lol

Thanks!  I put that picture on our 4X8 Christmas greeting card, with a picture tilted in the corner of our toes in the water.  I even painted my toes and my daughter's toes red & green!   It was fun...something different.  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 03:59:39 pm by rnblase »

FriarPuck

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 05:21:27 am »
OK.  I will be sure to post pics of the HT once I get it down to the beach house, up on the deck and in operation.  But I refuse to paint my toes ... sheesh!   ;D

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2007, 08:42:42 am »
C'mon...where's your Christmas spirit???

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 09:35:53 am »
Very cute Idea!  :)

FriarPuck

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 10:01:31 pm »
My "used" hot tub has served me well in the new beach house I built as a rental in N. Topsail Beach, NC.  When I buy another hot tub, I will definitely shop for a  "used" one first.  The beach house has been continuously rented by vacationers from May through October.  And the hot tub has certainly been a part of the appeal. I just tried to post a pic of it as promised but I am doing something wrong . . .  When I click on the "Insert Image" button, I get a verbal message in this message box that looks like this . . .  ""   How do you get the pic to show?

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 12:36:39 pm »
New Hot Tubs have a hugh markup. I hired a spa salesman and he told me he sold new tubs for 13K that cost 7K from the manufacturer. On the average he made 5K on a sale. However that is what they needed to keep the lights on because you have to sell several a month to stay in business. It isn't much different in car sales. I buy 3 year old cars because on average they depreciate 50% after 3 years.

That said I selected new because I wanted a warranty and knew I would have it for a long time. Also service from the dealer to deliver and setup was a big responsibility off my shoulders. I think the best arrangement is to buy a tub that is a couple of years old from a dealer who warranties the used tub. Of course the best deal is the one that makes your brown eyes blue.

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 12:51:17 pm »
Wow, this is a very old post. Where are the pics friar?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

FriarPuck

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 01:57:17 pm »
Sorry but I am technically challenged and unable to attach a pic here.  It is frustrating!   So I think I'll go soak in the hot tub . . . and forget about the cares of this world . . .   :)

Your tutoring on how to attach images gets my pics . . . ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 01:57:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42