What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Outdoor Entertainment systems...  (Read 2866 times)

Josh

Outdoor Entertainment systems...
« on: September 19, 2008, 07:25:45 pm »
So, I've been enjoying the hot tub I bought last December all year long but the one thing I am wishing I would have done was add the silly stereo and TV that they were offering. I got every other option available on the tub except for that, and I sort of regret it now.

I called up the dealer and he was willing to come put it in for me, but he (always the straight shooter) recommended that I check out Best Buy first for some outdoor grade entertainment systems. He said that they're always going to be better quality than the built ins.  I thanked him, and did so. It looks like for the same price as the ones built in to the tub, I can buy something much bigger that's built to live outdoors.

Anyone here have any outdoor gear?  What do you use?  I'm thinking I want between a 10-25" TV with built in speakers, and I'll run cable to it.  I already have music out there, I just think it might be relaxing to sit and watch TV while I soak.

Hot Tub Forum

Outdoor Entertainment systems...
« on: September 19, 2008, 07:25:45 pm »

Micah

Re: Outdoor Entertainment systems...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 09:35:21 pm »
It depends on how far away the TV will be from the spa.  I have a 52" plasma but I mounted 19' from the Jacuzzi. (in my bedroom)  I have a perfect view from 3 of the seats in my Jacuzzi.  I then set up an aux input for the sound.  You can hear the TV through the stereo in the spa.
I know that everybody always says that they get into the spa to get away from the TV.  Not me!  I figure I'm going to watch a show at 10 or 11pm.  it might as well be in the Jacuzzi instead of in a chair
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Josh

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 11:40:49 am »
I'm just looking for something small enough that I can mount it in the deck (perhaps in a little cabinet with a door that closes when I'm not out there or something).

Jensen makes a Marine Grade TV that looks ideal, but I'm not sure it's the same thing as the outdoor TVs by brands like Sunbrite (who I've never heard of).

Then there's Thermospas (which is where I got the idea for a cabinet).  They have a TV with a cabinet already built in that looks like it might come in colors that matches my existing hot tub. It'll probably be really expensive to install if I go that way though.

http://www.thermospas.com/accessories/television.php

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 11:40:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42