What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for Spa w/ gazebo package  (Read 16830 times)

p951

Re: Looking for Spa w/ gazebo package
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 01:05:10 am »
Yeah I know, Leisure Living isn't going out of business but they are closing down their Temecula shop.  Would this affect the quality of the maintenance though?  Wouldn't the spa be covered under the CalSpa name?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 01:05:10 am »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 01:36:42 am »
As far as I know all the stores are closing. The Murrieta store has already closed. The Temecula store is in the process of closing. Good luck with your purchase.

http://www.llsuperstore.com/
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

p951

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 07:26:26 pm »
Yep.  I wet tested a HotSprings spa at that location, but it wasn't perfect.  It was also about $3,000 more than a comparable Cal Spa Tub.  I'm going back tomorrow evening to wet test another model

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 08:03:44 pm »
Yep.  I wet tested a HotSprings spa at that location, but it wasn't perfect.  It was also about $3,000 more than a comparable Cal Spa Tub.  I'm going back tomorrow evening to wet test another model

Just curious what you consider a comparable Hot Spring to which Cal Spa.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

p951

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 09:00:28 pm »
Well I thought the HotSpring Spa was definitely a step up from the Avalon A857L, but I don't think it was worth the price difference.  I'm having a problem with the lounger and "therapy" corner seats in that I seem to float and can't quite get a perfect customized fit for my body.  I'm going back tomorrow evening to wet-test HotSpring's Vanguard.  I think I might have to forego a Lounger because in all the spas I have tested the "smaller" middle seats have been my favorites.  I was also going to try out some Jacuzzi models, specifically the J480 and possible the J365.  I know that Caldera and Dimension One have models and dealers located close to me- so that will be some more testing.  I think I have picked out the gazebo that I like the best, though.  It is Cal Spa's NorthEast.  It offers privacy for two of the sides, allowing plenty of view to gaze at the stars and also enough room to easily remove the cover.  I will keep you updated as I progress though my testings

p951

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 09:03:34 pm »
HotTubDan,

to answer your question - I think I tried out the Vista complete with lights, waterfall and the Speaker system with subwoofer.  The stereo package would have added an additional $1700, though.  So about $4700 more than the Avalon from Cal Spas

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 11:17:56 pm »
951, I own an Envoy and love it. I don't float out of the lounger so I might be slightly biased. If I was a floater I would probably go with the Grandee.

Not sure what kind of service you would get from a dealer going out of business. Dealer service is one of the most important factors IMHO when choosing a spa.....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 11:27:08 pm »
Not sure what kind of service you would get from a dealer going out of business. Dealer service is one of the most important factors IMHO when choosing a spa.....

I know people have said Cal is working on reforming their ways but many people on this site (myself included) have always thought that to go the Cal Spa route you really want to make sure you're working with a very good dealer to offset a ot of teh concerns people have had with Cal.

If the dealer is going out of business you often can get good deals and for some that may be appealing enough regardless of the brand but its something that one needs to go into with their eyes wide open. Its not like buying tires from a tire store that is going out of business.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

p951

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 03:18:12 pm »
The dealer that would sell me the CalSpa would not be Leisure Living.  I talked to a dealer for Pool And Spa Outlet - they have 4 locations in Southern Ca (1 is currently closing), and he told me he would beat the price Leisure Living was offering by about $600.  He can do this by matching the price Leisure Living was offering, but not charging for delivery and setup (which Leisure Living was charging close to $600 for).
I didn't like the feeling of the Spa's that I wet-tested so far though, so I haven't decided on a purchase yet.  I am going to try out another HotSpring tonight, as well as a Jacuzzi model this weekend.

Where are some Dimension One and Caldera Spa dealers located that are close to Murrieta, Ca?  I want to give them a shot also

p951

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 11:25:37 pm »
I wet tested the Vanguard from HotSprings today and it was just so-so.  I liked the bench seats, but I didn't like the slope of the corner seats.  I tried the Prodigy and liked that the best, but it was a bit on the small side.  I'm trying out a Limelight on Saturday.  I looked on the website and i didn't see that brand name.  Is this spa made by HotSprings?

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 10:56:51 pm »
There's a new Jacuzzi dealer in town due to Leisure Living closing. Have you checked this place out?

http://www.calwestpoolsandspas.com/

Vanguard

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 11:38:24 pm »
I wet tested the Vanguard from HotSprings today and it was just so-so.  I liked the bench seats, but I didn't like the slope of the corner seats.  I tried the Prodigy and liked that the best, but it was a bit on the small side.  I'm trying out a Limelight on Saturday.  I looked on the website and i didn't see that brand name.  Is this spa made by HotSprings?

Yes, it is made by Watkins as part of the Hot Spring family.  Limelight has its own very limited website.  

http://www.limelighthottubs.com/
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

p951

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 02:04:03 am »
There's a new Jacuzzi dealer in town due to Leisure Living closing. Have you checked this place out?

http://www.calwestpoolsandspas.com/

Sweet.  I would love to give Jacuzzi a whirl also.  They are very close to me too.  Thank you for the info.  I would like to test the J-480 and the J-365.  This weekend will be the HotSprings Limelight.  If that doesn't work for me, I will have him set me up with a test in the Sovereign.  The week after, I will be in San Diego- so no testing that week.  After that, I think I will give the Jacuzzi dealer a try out.

I just found out that my HOA requires me to get a permit, which can take anywhere from 30-45 days.  I also have to get city approval, even though the previous homes' owners had a spa and gazebo on a concrete pad with previously approved city permits - go figure ( I guess they just want a little more money in their coffers)

p951

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 02:05:24 am »

Yes, it is made by Watkins as part of the Hot Spring family.  Limelight has its own very limited website.  

http://www.limelighthottubs.com/

Thanks for the info on the Limelight.

gwstudios

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 03:06:23 am »
You first need to decide whether you spa is for "therapy" or a party bling tub that will be filled with cigar smoking, beer drinking lunatics. I opted for the latter.

I quoted the word therapy because your therapy has to be over at some point, in which case, it's party time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 03:06:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42