What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian complaint  (Read 6670 times)

starsky

Artesian complaint
« on: September 06, 2008, 09:05:31 pm »
Although I love my artesian bahama, I have a complaint. I noticed that after soaking in the tub during starlite nights for 20 minutes, getting out and cooling down in the pool, then getting back in and soaking with a bud light, that after awhile the hot tub causes my fingers to "prune" up....  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian complaint
« on: September 06, 2008, 09:05:31 pm »

gwstudios

Re: Artesian complaint
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 09:17:40 pm »
I would suggest a wetsuit in this case.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 09:21:29 pm »
It's not the spa but it could be the pool and most definately the Bud light. You need to drink REAL BEER. Stay totally away from any Bud beer Lager (I love that one).

Since you got a tub now you need to drink Sam Adams, Yeungling, Blue Moon and higher quality beers. Really give your taste buds a stir - get a Black and Tan - Harp and Guiness

I think you'll find your fingers won't prune up.

Sorry I'm not a Bud person! ::)

gwstudios

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:48:17 pm »
I can't give beer advice as I only like Miller Lite. We (my wife and I) usually relax with a mixed drink like an Italian Margarita or a White Russian. I only like beer when it's football time in the tub with burgers or a Chicago style hot dog or authentic deep dish pizza.

Tonight I made buffalo shrimp with blue cheese dipping sauce, then it was off to the tub for a soak.

*What does any of this have to do with fingers pruning*

Do you see how quickly a post can go off on a tangent?

starsky

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 05:02:35 pm »
I suspected the bud light... but then I have had it at a bar and no pruning..so I figured it must be the hot tub.. I will switch to Sam Adams and see if it continues.. I feel really stupid thinking it was the Artesian now..

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 06:34:30 pm »
I can't give beer advice as I only like Miller Lite. We (my wife and I) usually relax with a mixed drink like an Italian Margarita or a White Russian. I only like beer when it's football time in the tub with burgers or a Chicago style hot dog or authentic deep dish pizza.

Tonight I made buffalo shrimp with blue cheese dipping sauce, then it was off to the tub for a soak.

*What does any of this have to do with fingers pruning*

Do you see how quickly a post can go off on a tangent?

Getting off topic isn't too bad as long as the subject isn't a serious one. It happens with serious items  too but it usually takes a while most of the time.

I had a Miller Light recently, unfortunately I rank it up there with Bud. I guess I'm a beer lager snob! ;D

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 09:14:38 pm »
Hubby is MGD drinker all the way, but can't stand Miller Lite.  He ranks it with Coors light, Bud,...  Not a Yeungling fan either, but Heinekin and Molson, he is happy.  

I tried a Miller Chill, since I don't like beer, not too bad, I can drink it again.  My preference is Mikes Hard Lemonade, love the cranberry and the berry, Smirnoffs, though I can't find green apple or black cherry anymore, and I loved ZIma Fruit punch, till they decided to quit making it. :(

But, still love my Margaritas, or even just straight up Tekillya!!
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

starsky

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 09:29:31 pm »
I'm really a Michelob ultra fan, but my hard drink is always captain morgan and diet coke in a tall glass

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 10:00:29 pm »

Wet in ChiTown

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 04:02:07 am »
Try vanilla vodka and orange pop.  Its a dreamsicle.  Very good when the sun is hot.

Even good when the sun is not so hot. ;)

jenC

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 06:37:14 pm »
Eek, you guys are killing me. While Sam Adams is leaps and bounds better than a bud, miller, corona, labatts, etc. it still can rarely match the quality of some of the best craft breweries in the country - Three Floyds, Bells, Dogfish Head, Lagunitas, Founders, Stone, Goose Island, etc.  As a member of the Chicago Beer Society, I feel it is my duty to point out a wonderful website where you can educate yourself on the wonders of all that is beer:

Beer 101

Do your taste buds a favor and give them something they can truly savor :)

And in case you are curious my recommendations for a wonderfully refreshing hot tub beer would be:
New Glarus Belgian Red
Three Floyds Gumballhead
and heck why not, if you're gonna drink Sam Adams, drink their best stuff!
Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 09:06:13 pm »
Eek, you guys are killing me. While Sam Adams is leaps and bounds better than a bud, miller, corona, labatts, etc. it still can rarely match the quality of some of the best craft breweries in the country - Three Floyds, Bells, Dogfish Head, Lagunitas, Founders, Stone, Goose Island, etc.  As a member of the Chicago Beer Society, I feel it is my duty to point out a wonderful website where you can educate yourself on the wonders of all that is beer:

Beer 101

Do your taste buds a favor and give them something they can truly savor :)

And in case you are curious my recommendations for a wonderfully refreshing hot tub beer would be:
New Glarus Belgian Red
Three Floyds Gumballhead
and heck why not, if you're gonna drink Sam Adams, drink their best stuff!
Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner

Thanks for that info!  

Are these local beers? Or can they be had nationwide at stores.

Yeungling apparently is becoming popular enough to sell in Florida. Term talks of an apparently great bear - Shiner Bock.  Since it's close to October - I usually get Hocker Psor (sp?) Octoberfest. I also enjoy Bodington pub ale every so often as well.

Keep the recomendations coming!!!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 10:20:11 pm »
well let me chime in here for a second.  I can appreciate some of the beers that we are discussing, but if we want to talk beer, you all need to consider some really good german beers. I am a fanatic of german beers.  I have travelled many times to southern germany throughout Bavaria.  If I could get these amazing beers in canada, I would be drinking the following in my tub tonight!

1. Ettaler Kloster-pils from Etalle germany
2. Klosterbrau Bamberger Gold Pils from Bamberg Germany
3. Paulaner any brand from Munich Germany

These are my top 3 beers from Germany.

In Canada I really enjoy drinking Sleemans brewery products, either Sleemans Clear, Honey, Steam

so many good beers, I just wish I could figure out a way to get my european beers here in Canada

jenC

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 11:48:44 pm »

Thanks for that info!  

Are these local beers? Or can they be had nationwide at stores.

Yeungling apparently is becoming popular enough to sell in Florida. Term talks of an apparently great bear - Shiner Bock.  Since it's close to October - I usually get Hocker Psor (sp?) Octoberfest. I also enjoy Bodington pub ale every so often as well.

Keep the recomendations coming!!!

Most of them can be had nationwide.  New Glarus doesn't distribute outside of Wisconsin, we drive up once a year to grab a few cases.  But the rest you can get almost anywhere that has a great beer selection.  If you don't know of a place near you with a good selection, head to my friend Jonathan's website: http://www.beermapping.com

Yeungling has been in Florida for a few years.  Even the tiny bar on the island my parents live on has it - the best you can get around there during happy hour so I'll take it!

Shiner Bock is a Texas beer, I'm not sure how far they distribute. While I don't mind drinking it on a hot Austin day, it wouldn't be my first choice.  You can read more about it here including lots of reviews:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/143/1352

I've recently decided my favorite style of beer is "fresh".  Fresh beer just tastes sooooo sooo much better than beer that's been sitting on the shelves for a few months or even worse - a few years!  So my best recommendation is to go into a store with a vast selection and ask what's the freshest.  Most of the craft breweries label their bottles or cases with a date of when they're bottled. If you can find something brewed in the last week or two, grab it!

Cdn HockeyPuck

• '08 Artesian Platinum Cypress Point'
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 09:09:22 am »
I have a keg fridge and nothing goes better in it than Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale.  :)

Now I just have to get the tap close enough to the hot tub so I don't have to get out... or maybe a bigger glass  ;) ;D 8-)
Dave

"The needs of many great soaks out way the needs of a few... or the one."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 09:09:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42