What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Forgotten hose?  (Read 4236 times)

gwstudios

Forgotten hose?
« on: September 04, 2008, 12:52:11 pm »
Who else has put the hose in thier spa to add water for a nice soak later on and forgotten about it, resulting in a massive puddle of water in the yard and an overflowed tub that is now 70 degrees instead of 100? The good news is my spa has a drain built right into the ouside bottom corner so I can let water out and forget about that, making me have to put the hose back in.

I've done this more than once. Luckily, the overhang from the shell just causes the water to go straight down instead of riding down the skirting.

Hot Tub Forum

Forgotten hose?
« on: September 04, 2008, 12:52:11 pm »

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
Re: Forgotten hose?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 12:54:27 pm »
And you admit it!  I'd never admit to doing it once, never mind more than once :-[ :) ;D

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 01:09:12 pm »
Stinks even more if you have a tub that it does run down the skirt and into the control panel tripping the breaker causeing you to wait till everything dries out before you can turn it back on!
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

gwstudios

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 01:09:39 pm »
People need to learn from my mistakes. :P

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 01:12:21 pm »
Try letting it happen 2 or 3 times/year on the spas in your showroom!  What a mess.

The lip over shell design is the only way to go, I agree with you 100%!  I've seen way too many spas that look like this when we haul them off:

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

96SC

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 02:32:54 pm »
Fortunately, I caught my mistake about a half an inch below the auxillary control panel. :-[
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Familybiz

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 03:39:03 pm »
Try letting it happen 2 or 3 times/year on the spas in your showroom!  What a mess.

Yeh, its a big joke in our showroom. I get a reminder call every few minutes when I get the hose out to top off a tub. Apparently I have let this overflow happen a few times !!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 05:00:27 pm »

Yeh, its a big joke in our showroom. I get a reminder call every few minutes when I get the hose out to top off a tub. Apparently I have let this overflow happen a few times !!!

Twice I've woken up at about 4:00am thinking I hear water only to realize its my pool overflowing. I've done it on the spa about 4 times but not in the past year partly because my wife now assumes I'll forget and reminds me every half hour.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 05:05:59 pm »
I filled one to the very top on the showroom a few months ago, but it didn't overflow. I did overflow a HotSpring Classic a couple decades ago and it ran under the wall into the tanning salon next door. I paid for the carpet cleaning company to come out and set up fans after they used the wet vac to suck up as much water as they could. They lifted up the carpet, let the fans blow over night, and then came back to put the carpet down when the padding was dry. Not cheap, not fun.

I put caulking along the wall on my side after everything dried, and I took out the threshold on the outside door right next to the spa. Sure enough, a few months later it happened again but this time the water all went out the back with no damage. Haven't done an overflow since then.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 05:05:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42